Scale Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Morton

What in your opion is the best prop for E or 60 Scale??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Need lots of answers here :D :D

Thanx

Bob Morton B) B)

I've used the P 250 and the P 255 with real good success ..Plus the one that Don runs too..Also the ABC 60X76 cupped a bit..

Lay26 said:
don do you pitch them up or anything like that
Depends on application but I've been real lucky last couple of scales. The prop I ran on the Winston Eagle when I set the 1/4 oval record last fall was a stone stock X460/3. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
B) Don& Wizard i have a new scale prop courtesy of a well known propman. I will be testing it out this weekend in columbia to see how it runs.Hope you can make it to the practice lake behind apple ford hwy175 and snowden river pkwy in columbia,Md. B)

bsmtboy2 said:
B) Don& Wizard i have a new scale prop courtesy of a well known propman. I will be testing it out this weekend in columbia to see how it runs.Hope you can make it to the practice lake behind apple ford hwy175 and snowden river pkwy in columbia,Md. B)
Hey Charles good luck with that new prop but the last time I saw your

scale. It was very fast. What prop are you trying out??? I like to be there

but thats four hour to drive. See ya at Hagerstown YEA

Be KQQL

Bob Morton B) B)

Any more opions on your best prop for E or 60 sacle??

It all depends on the boat. My scratch boat runs a 1465. I have run a 255 and 250 in the past on my old boat. Some other guys I know have run a X460 and X455.

Mike

Thanx for the replys.

Surly there are more scale guys out there lets hear from you OK :D :D

Bob Morton B) B) B)

:rolleyes: I am new to scale boats , I have found on mine ( shovel nose burien) that I had to get the ride attitude right (ride angle) before I could spend to much time on the proper prop. by the time I finally figured out that this boat wants a deep drive strut to keep the nose down i ended up with a p 255 and it kind of likes this prop. a 250 had too many rpms. going to try the x series 455 , 457 , 460 next. the 14 series didn't like the deep strut , and was to flighty with the strut shallow. maby a shallow strut with lead on the nose would be better? would rather fine a better way than adding lead. only good place for lead is on the throttle. some body out here has been there , done that, hope he or she gives us a dog bone. gene gager

gene gager said:
:rolleyes: I am new to scale boats , I have found on mine ( shovel nose burien) that I had to get the ride attitude right (ride angle) before I could spend to much time on the proper prop. by the time I finally figured out that this boat wants a deep drive strut to keep the nose down i ended up with a p 255 and it kind of likes this prop. a 250 had too many rpms. going to try the x series 455 , 457 , 460 next. the 14 series didn't like the deep strut , and was to flighty with the strut shallow. maby a shallow strut with lead on the nose would be better? would rather fine a better way than adding lead. only good place for lead is on the throttle. some body out here has been there , done that, hope he or she gives us a dog bone. gene gager
Gene, Set your strut so the rear is one inch,the front is 7/8 inch.

Try x457,P260,ABC 62x80 Some pics.

Rear view, side veiw of a shovel nose

Bob Morton B) B) This will be a big help.

:unsure: bob, I did have a little tuck on all prop test but no where near an 1/8 inch as you sugeseded. will try that with an 14 series prop, and do you really true and sharpen all your props using the boat stand as shown in the pictures? just kidding , thanks , gene gager

Scale Boaters,

I have been doing quite a few different propellers recently for scale boats.

Most popular to the least popular: X-457,Prather 245,250,255,260,2016/3,

2114,2116,2214,H-30,55 x 73,PS-5714E,57 x 76,60 x 76. By far the most

requested is a modified X-457 pitched up. Hope this helps anyone looking

for a new scale boat propeller.

Thanks, :)

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

shoboat said:
Scale Boaters,
I have been doing quite a few different propellers recently for scale boats.

Most popular to the least popular: X-457,Prather 245,250,255,260,2016/3,

2114,2116,2214,H-30,55 x 73,PS-5714E,57 x 76,60 x 76. By far the most

requested is a modified X-457 pitched up. Hope this helps anyone looking

for a new scale boat propeller.

Thanks, :)

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U
Hey Mark,

Thanx for all the good info// :D :D

Bob Morton B) B)

Mark Walter said:
Mark pitched up a X-457 for me and it works very well for my shovel. :D MARK