Scale 1:5,2 Vintage Outbordracing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Christian, Great video my Dad used to race those boats before i was born. I am 55 and I could see him out there racing with those guys in the video. Thats why I love RC boat racing so much it's in my blood. Thanks again.

Hi Rick,

that´s very similar to me. In my familie it was my grandfather woh run raceboats .He owen a Chriscraft build boat driven by a big Daimler Benz engine they used for airplane/Zeppelin airship ,don´t know how many liters displacement but 12 cylinder V ,He was out every minute and polish the engineparts ,everything was shining .He won many races in the years 1928/29 . I have some pic of the boat but must search at my parents home. i am young 53 old .

Boats and so 042.jpg

Boats and so 043.jpg

Hey Christian would love to see that old picture. My father was a master woodworker. He built full size outboard tunnels in the early 70' s.

Hi everyone,

I'm the founder of the 152 VO (vintage outboard racing) club and the webmaster of http://www.152vo.org, thanks for your interest! I started this new racing class 2 years ago. We're building stock outboard and racing outboard hulls (kneeler types) from old original plans of the 1930s through 50s. The first 2 years were just a "proof of concept", now we're going public with this idea for a new racing class (website, Youtube channel, magazines). In December we have the title stories about our racing class in both german RC boating magazines. At the moment we're working on a rulebook. Up to now we've only built utilities and single steps, but this winter we'll also start with the first three pointers.

If you'd like to see many more pics and complete technical data of our outboard raceboat models please visit this page (with lightbox slideshows of the models). Sorry it's only in German at the moment (an english translation is already in progress), but you'll understand the technical data and for the rest maybe Google translator will help.

If you'd like to share (original) plans with us, please let me know. We have about 60 different plans, most of them Hal Kelly designs and cottage racers, which were published in old magazines of the 1950s (Science and mechanics, Popular Mechanics, Boat Builder's Handbook, etc). We're still looking for plans of competitive racers (utilities, single steps and threepointers), e.g. Sid Craft, Jacoby, Speedliner, Neal, etc.

Best regards from Germany,

Jo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jo,

i love the forum ,but had no real time to look how to write in the forum.I have a lot of outbord experience build my first felxcable outbord 1978 and replaze the motorshaft on innrunermotors by hard aluminium of brass,drill a hole and use a selfmade square shape tool to get the four edgges for the Outbordflexshaftcuppling.So the motor can set as low as possible.i have currently no boat that fit your rules but next year i will step in.

Christian, just saw your registration on our website - looking forward to welcome you on our 2013 meeting! :)

Back