SC Championship Race October 7 and 8

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scboatman00

Notice to all FE’ers

On October 7th and 8th Charleston Model Boats (CMB) will be hosting the SC Championships. Until recently, this race was for Nitro and Gas boats. However, with the help of Captain Ron and Chris Harris in Florida, CMB has allowed us to open an FE Q1 Mono Class for the race.

I would like to invite all FE’ers that can race in the FE Q1 class to come join in the fun and enter a boat. The race is being held in Waterboro SC just off of 95 about 30 minutes from the SC/GA border. The boat limit for the race will be capped at 150 entries. We are expecting to hit that limit this year. So, if you are interested, please submit the registration early. We are in the process of updating the Flyer reflecting FE Q1 Mono and hope to have it out in within the week. The club web site is http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMB.html. The SC Championship page is http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbscc/SCChamps.html. If you are interested in entering a FE Q1 mono, please fill in the class section as FE Q1 Mono. Please keep in mind that the course is presently set up a 1/6th of a mile lap.

Open water is on Friday October 6th. Mr. Ron Green and Chris Harris will be demonstrating some of their record holding boats as well as setting up other boats for viewing.

If you don’t have a boat that fits within FE-Q1 mono, please still try to come and be a spectator. This year we are fortunate enough to be able to join a Nitro boat race. Speaking with the club members of CMB and district representatives, FE racing will become to have a long term place in the regular IMPBA sanctioned races sponsored by CMB. The ultimate goal is to hold an independent FE race in the future.

Come and join the run. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email. My email address is [email protected] or through this board. My alias is SCBoatman00. You can also contact Capt Ron on this board as well.

Fellow FE’ers it is time to race. Hope to see all of you in October.

v/r

Don Sallee

aka SCBoatman

To add to the posting from Don, the Charleston Model Boaters (CMB) club fully realizes there are very few opportunities for our fellow FE racers to enjoy racing like their nitro and gas counterparts. Honestly there are none on the east coast especially in the southeast. So we have decided to include a FE class in our upcoming SC Championships in October. I personally hope that this will be just the start of future races with a healthy combination of nitro, gas and FE classes. We are all boat racers at heart enjoying the same hobby and sport, not matter what the power plant is in the boat.

Our FE racing brothers are welcome.

John Knight

CMB President

Not to get off topic, but how many guys would be interested in running E-Tunnels at the Tunnel Champs next year at the CMB club? I may bring one myself from Germany... Just throwing it out there, wondering how many FE tunnel guys there are within driving distance to the CMB pond.

thanks to the CMB leadership for this opportunity for FE Boaters...

www.a123racing.com manufacturer of the new technology Li-Ion M1 cell used in the [just released] DeWALT 36v line of cordless power tools will be sponsoring the Q1 Mono class this year...

thanks... a123 B)

if you have any questions about the class, feel free to contact me at... [email protected]

Capt'n Ron

The Race Flyer has been updated. Race entries and sponsors can be found HERE . Sponsors are coming in as fast as the entries!

Looking forward to seeing the FE Class race!

-Bobby

Hi Guys,

As I read it you are offering open hydro, open mono and open offshore. Are you allowing FE boats in the open classes? If you are you can count me into all three, I'll check my scedule and drop my entry pronto.

Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

As I read it you are offering open hydro, open mono and open offshore. Are you allowing FE boats in the open classes? If you are you can count me into all three, I'll check my scedule and drop my entry pronto.

Paul.

Paul,

don't forget to pensil in Q-Mono the [all] electric class...

Ron

Hey Paul,

The Dallas R/C Thunderboats club is holding the Annual Carrollton Classic in Carrollton, Texas on August 5-6th. It is an IMPBA sanctioned race in District 7. Just like last year they are offering Open Cat, Open Offshore, Open Mono, and the all FE classes of LSH, Open FE up to 24 cells, and Open FE up to 32 cells. Lipos or even the new lithium ion cells from A123 are allowed. The HOTMBC will be there along with several others. Everyone is invited, and Carrollton is even closer to Senatobia, MS than South Carolina! We'd love to race with you all.

Jim V

Hi Guys,

Paul.

Hey Paul,

The Dallas R/C Thunderboats club is holding the Annual Carrollton Classic in Carrollton, Texas on August 5-6th. It is an IMPBA sanctioned race in District 7. Just like last year they are offering Open Cat, Open Offshore, Open Mono, and the all FE classes of LSH, Open FE up to 24 cells, and Open FE up to 32 cells. Lipos or even the new lithium ion cells from A123 are allowed. The HOTMBC will be there along with several others. Everyone is invited, and Carrollton is even closer to Senatobia, MS than South Carolina! We'd love to race with you all.

Jim V

Hi Guys,

Paul.
Darn Jim...

i'll be at Blue Lake play'n Go-Fast with Li-Ion and chow'n down on BBQ ala Jason OBrien that weekend...

yawl have a great weekend, i know we will!

it's really good to see so much I.M.P.B.A. action for FE in 2006!

W. Ron Green

Hi Guys,

Paul.

Paul,

If you have not already receive the word....yes FE's are welcome in the open classes and in the Q-1 FE Mono.

v/r

SCBoatman

five entries for Q-1 Mono so far and time to collect a few more;) we got a class folks!

Donald... question, i'm thinking about bringing my motorhome up for the SCC, did you say there were rv hook-ups available across the lake from club site?

if so is there a phone number to contact someone about reservations?

Ron

five entries for Q-1 Mono so far and time to collect a few more;) we got a class folks!

Donald... question, i'm thinking about bringing my motorhome up for the SCC, did you say there were rv hook-ups available across the lake from club site?

Ron

Ron,

There are indeed hookups for water and electric. Dump station on site. No reservations needed. $15.00 per day fee payable directly to the site owner when you are there. He prefers cash. They are located across the lake from the race location. If you plan on doing it just let me know so I can let him know before the race.

Self contained units needing no utilities have no fees and will be located to the side of the lake off bouys 4-6.

John

Ron

Ron,

There are indeed hookups for water and electric. Dump station on site. No reservations needed. $15.00 per day fee payable directly to the site owner when you are there. He prefers cash. They are located across the lake from the race location. If you plan on doing it just let me know so I can let him know before the race.

Self contained units needing no utilities have no fees and will be located to the side of the lake off bouys 4-6.

John

Options...

it doesn't get any better than that...

i'm thinking i'm a bouy 4-6 kinda guy!

Thanks John,

Ron

John is there room for big travel trailers on this side as well?

John is there room for big travel trailers on this side as well?

There is indeed along the side of the lake. Not enough room to move them around along the front side of the lake. We will restrict all campers and RV's to the side of the lake along buoys 4-6. This was a former campground area that can handle them. The area for them to be parked is on the LEFT side of the incoming road. Right side next to the water is too narrow for an RV. Can easily put 30 or more RV's there.

:rolleyes: Man O MAN!

I would really like to come to that Race!

October in South Carolina, how good can it get!

I would have to fly to get in & out of there on time.

Ron, Who's coming to run Q-Mono?

Steve-O

:rolleyes: Man O MAN!

I would really like to come to that Race!

October in South Carolina, how good can it get!

I would have to fly to get in & out of there on time.

Ron, Who's coming to run Q-Mono?

Steve-O

would love to have ya Steven...

from Atlanta we have Doug Smock, and Chris Gierszewski, you will remember Doug from FE-II...

from Central Florida we have Chris Harris and myself...

and from N. Charleston and the CMB, Donald Sallee...

and we're hope'n Ole Reed Eagle as well...

it will be old home week, join us bud!

Ron

Back