SAW Villain / Updated Pics!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Gonna be a little different here, I will be setting mine up for SAW

You guy's know me, I cant leave anything alone ;D

1) I will use a Dumas 3.5 Sprint cowling, I feel it has better downforce than the 7.5,

2) Movable radio box, to set CG, without adding weight.

3) Possible AOA change

Re:Tunnel Trivia/ Villain Project Specs

posting some pics for gene:

Thanks Tom,

The CF pipe, I got from our fellow racer Tunnelbill, great workmanship, Weighs only 50 grams. Bill and Tim D. have had very good results.

another

If ya dont have one of these, get one now!!!!!

This is a fuel cell from Grim, Just send him your measurements and about a week later all your fuel flow and needle problems are a thing of the past, I borrowed the one I have outta my rigger for this project.

1 more

K@B Purple Carb No. 9696 Bore .340, I can not reccomend this carb if your runnin Oval or for stock motors, But if yours is warmed up a little and you run SAW, It kicks serious "Boot-Tae"

Re:Villain Project Specs/new Hull Pics

Tom, thanks buddy

I am on a remote dialin here so I gotta be quick,

Yeah ultra low profile, its the 3.5 cowling from the SAW Sprint,

cut to fit the center section of the Villain, just fitting the parts together for now, More ta Come!!!!!

Gene

Re:SAW Villain / Parts and Hull Pics

::)Hey Gene,

Thanks for the picture, that is a very cool looking boat, I bet it will be very fast. TB

Thanks Bill,

Got to figure out how far the stick the engine out there next,

for SAW ya want it out there a ways, I am thinking about a 1 1/4" spacer, I usuallly try to set at 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 transom to drive dog.

Gene ;D

Next set of pics comming soon, will be of mods to the radio box to make it adjustable to set CG, and to the transom supports to clear the lowered cowling.

hey Gene

Like i said before, AWSOME job :) cant wait to see some Vids and pics of it running ;)

what paint scheme are you looking at for it? (or your not thinking about that yet :p )

Kris

Hi Kris,

I going to finish the wood part of the hull with clearcoat, the cowling will have some graphics I designed, I will send ya a pic of them.

Gene ;D

i have not got my linux box to share files quite right so these pis will be "attached" as opposed linked to.... really no difference

pic1:

Cool !!!!, Thanks Tom,

In pic one and pic three you can see I have cut down the stock radio box, this will serve as the tray for the new smaller box to slide forward or back as needed to adjust the CG. I also cut down the transom supports to fit the cutdown cowling. About all that is left is a true and glue, I suggest you follow the instructions with the kit for the final procedures as they are real clear and takes you step by step with cautions as to critical areas to watch.

This is the final installment in the buildup, Again these mods are for SAW not Oval, so results may vary as to equipment used and builders skill on these mods.

I will do a seperate post later with first run results and engine pics.

Thats all fer now Dudes, As with all my posts, questions and comments always welcome,

Now go burn some NITRO!!!!!

Gene ;D

hmmm, im definately going to have to get into gas/nitro tunnels now, im just itching to test em out after seeing your one come to life Gene:)

they would all easily go HEAPS faster than my little Electric one would!!

i think i will definately try and sell my electric one now and get a BIGGER MEANER NITRO one, like Tims or GTR's!!! :)

Kris

Kris,

I don't think you will regret it plus you can race it against other O/B tunnels. If I can help with anything just let me know.

Thanks Tim

ill let you know as soon as i can.

i am planning on going to Brett and Annettes Club in about a month or so to check it out...im definately starting to get the itch for NITRO!!!!

Kris

Latest posts

Back