SAW Speed trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

I notice that the IMPBA and NAMBA hold SAW speed trials when it cools down (Fall to Spring). The only place I see them are Brahan Springs Lake - Alabama, Blue Lake - Georgia, and Thread Lake - Michigan for IMPBA and Legg Lake - California for NAMBA.

Are there other locations?

Are there any other organizations that have SAW racing?

Are there any Forums, Websites, or people dedicated to SAW racing? (I have talked o a couple of you and am going to PM you).

With all of these quite a drive from Dallas, Texas - Does anyone fly (and I mean in a plane :D ) to these and if so how do your ship your boats and equipment?

Thanks in advance for any direction into SAW (and I mean Straight-A-Way :D ) racing.

Last edited:
Out West in NAMBA Country there are a number of SAWS and 2-lap events held at Legg Lake just east of Los Angeles.

For the rest of the year this is the sccedule:

August 23&24 - SAWS

September 27&28 - 2-Lap

October 17-19 - FE SAWS

November 1&2 - SAWS

I ham not aware of any dedicated SAWS sites. Mostly the topic is covered within each of the forums.

I notice that the IMPBA and NAMBA hold SAW speed trials when it cools down (Fall to Spring). The only place I see them are Brahan Springs Lake - Alabama, Blue Lake - Georgia, and Thread Lake - Michigan for IMPBA and Legg Lake - California for NAMBA.
Are there other locations?

Are there any other organizations that have SAW racing?

Are there any Forums, Websites, or people dedicated to SAW racing? (I have talked o a couple of you and am going to PM you).

With all of these quite a drive from Dallas, Texas - Does anyone fly (and I mean in a plane :D ) to these and if so how do your ship your boats and equipment?

Thanks in advance for any direction into SAW (and I mean Straight-A-Way :D ) racing.

contact Jay Turner of the "Heart of Texas Model Boat Club" in Houston, Tx http://www.hotmbc.net

this club has a core group of veteran SAWS racers...

Regards,

Ron Green

Also the Houston Club used to host record trials for IMPBA not sure if they still run at the surveyed lake site our Record Director is Glen Quarles he live in the San Antonia area and can fill you in on other sites I know we also have sites in the N Carolina area and Virgina area. You can find Glen's contact information at the IMPBA web site also a list of our scheduled events. www.impba.net

Send me a PM if you need any more info.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

Does anyone fly (and I mean in a plane :D ) to these and if so how do your ship your boats and equipment?
Joerg flys...but thats because he comes to the US from Germany to run his SAW boats :lol: Not sure if he ships them or checks them in on the plane though.

Graham Latham fly in from Bermuda I think the last time he checked his boats but that was before they started charging for everything. I had some guys from Austrailia ffly in and shipped their equipment.

Latest posts

Back