Sardine Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Well,

Just kinda woke up after a long nights drive.

Had a little time to kill this weekend and headed up to WI to race with some old and new friends.

The crew in WI put on the most hospitible race I have ever been to. Nice pond(a little trouble with some bubbley schmegma from the bottom) but it didn't stop the show.

The guys from WI and MN really got some speed going....Pmono was a hoot...I think Dave Arndt got the speed record. Dan Proulx Dave Arndt Doug Peterson and I were in one heat together and I think they all had speed on me...that was a tough heat. I bobbled on the last turn and Doug passed me for 2nd. Dave got that win. Good racing guys. Andy Valentine kept the heats even with his clipboard method of starts.

I must admit that the 19T cans in n spec mono were neat to watch.

LSH was a popular class that kept all competitors on their toes.

LSO was pretty funny too since Paul Pach borrowed an old hull from Drobie and set the record with it. The hull had been ran before but like a phoenix was re born that morning with a little elbow grease and ingenuity.

O sport was tough too....Dan P Paul and I were in it till the last heat....Dan should have won OA and Paul second...I got greedy chasing Dave Ardnt and DNF'd last heat.

After all that dinner at Dougs...3minutes from the pond was a very enjoyable eveing....damned toungue is still burnt from that cup of coffee though! ;)

Left to go back home after that......left the real racing to the pros. They can tell you what happened today.

Thanks for the race guys....good time and always learning something new.

Brains still a bit lethargic....need coffee...no french roast. :lol:

Hi Alan,

Glad to see you made it back okay. Sunday had some great racing as well, man there was some stepping up being done since the last time I saw some of these guys race. Time to hit the drawing board again!

Paul.

Ironman Nayman.

What a kick it was to have you here.

Screw the weekend of racing. One of these years, I'm going to drive to Cleveland, race 3 classes and head home to go for the record you just set for gonzo race attendance. Hell, maybe I'll take it up a notch, put all my boats in a coaster wagon and walk to OH.

There not an FE racer in the universe who can match the dedication to the hobby you showed with that performance. (Some would say there's not a racer dumb enough to attempt it. LOL)

BTW, the surface phlegm pretty much disappeared on Sunday, but I think the heat took it up a notch.

I can't think right now so I'll post all result by COB Monday.

I also have to send in up to FIVE new NAMBA FE records establish over the weekend on the fastest water in the United States.

P Offshore. Not sure what the current record is. Paul Pachmayer and his Drifter accumulated 38 laps, with a 10 lap time of 3:03.31.

N2 Mono: Dan Proulx nudged the record he set here last year by less than a second.

LSO: Paul established the first LSO record with an old beat up EV that he borrowed from me. He called Friday to see if I had hulls laying around for a couple of classes. Proulx actually had a better time, but his OM 26 was teched at under 26".

O Sport Hydro. Dave Arndt from MN and his Viper ran a 63.56 heat. I believe it was on this boat that Dave was running a highly modified Octura x440/3. He carved it into a cleaver with obviously stunning results. Not bad for a guy in his second full year of racing.

P Mono. We have to check on this. We think the previous 4 year old record expired and Dave Arndt ran a 60.41 in some of the most competitive heats that have probably ever been run at any race.

High Points Champion Ken Smith who also nearly swept the Spec classes. Runnerup was Dan Proulx. Larry Caputo kept it on the water all weekend for second runner up.

Another big notable. Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski enters one class in his first FE race and takes home top honors in LSH with his Power Surge Bandit shovel. It was no cake walk either.

More tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back