Sad news

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDM Racing

Hey guys,

Just got some sad news.

Harold Broussard (Cajun Bullet Riggers) passed away today.

He will be missed by all who knew him and all who were familiar with his Cajun Bullet Hydros.

Condolences to his family and friends.

God Speed Harold.

an interview done some years back:

Here's the video,,,,

http://www.cajunbullethydros.com/vid...%20Travels.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
my prayers are with the family. wish the family nothing but the best and he will be missed.

God speed my friend we will miss you.

BDM,

Thanks for letting us know about Harold.

One of the true gentlemen in this Hobby/Sport.

He will be missed by many in the hobby,

Mark Sholund

Harold will surely be missed. Harold was always smiling and we always looked forward to seeing him at the SGA race. Doc

Met Harold more years ago than I care to admit to, he was agreat help help at the races, always had good advice and was fun ro be arround, He will be missed.

Walt Barney

I first met Harold many years ago at the Southern Gentlemen Hydro Invitational. He was a great guy and nice to everyone.

Al Hobbs

This is Harold's son Tony.

It is with great sadness that I convey to you all that my dad passed away this morning at his home in Loreauville due to a heart attack around 9:30am.

He was truly dedicated to the sport and enjoyed every minute of it. . . . except when the engine didn't start, or he lost the radio etc., etc. I got to spend many years with him in this hobby going to races and the pond and I watched as he gained many friendships through the over 20 years he was involved in it.

Every big company starts with a story of how they began. Harold's story began in our backyard with a wooden airboat he made for my brother who put a enya engine on. After my brother was done with it my pop, who had gone to the boat pond in New Iberia and saw the model boats, took the airboat and made a couple sponsons for it and bought his first K&B outboard to put on it. He then built another tunnel that was a model of a full size one he and his boss built. From there he got into hydroplanes, then hydros.

I am proud of the fact that my dad was well known in the boat world, but I'm more proud that he was well liked as a great guy. He was a true craftsman in his woodworking and he really enjoyed seeing his boats run in races all over the country. He had a slow internet connection and would come next door to my house to watch when there was a new video of his boats (or other ones as well) in a race, he was excited to see them.

I would like to thank all of you for all the support you all gave though his illness and I want you all to know that he really enjoyed being with all of you.

Rest In Peace Pop, Cajun Bullet Hydros Forever.

Arrangements:

Wake: Wednesday 19th 4pm - 10pm

David's Funeral Home, Main St., Loreauville

Funeral: Thursday 20th 11am

St. Joesph's Catholic Church, Loreauville, LA

Sincerely,

Tony Broussard

Harold was one of my best friends in boating. I am very sorry to hear of his passing. He was always willing to help others in any way he could. Harold was a true 'Southern Gentleman". God Speed Harold

Eric Canto

I am sorry to hear of Harold's passing. I met him at one of the Atlanta races many years ago. He made his mark in our sport and he will be missed for sure. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Dick Tyndall

Back