Sad News for the Model Boating Community

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is with a heavy heart that I'm being asked by Bob Johnson's wife, Mary to relay the sad news that My good friend and big brother Bob passed away this morning.

Fair Winds and Following Sea's.

With love and respect, goodby my friend

Give my mother a hug when you see her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what to say........
default_sad.png

We didn't know Bob very long but enjoyed every minute we spent in his company.

Our heard felt condolences go out to Ms Mary and Bob's family.

Doug & Sondra

Oh no I cant believe we have lost Bob. He was so much fun,RIP my friend. Rick let us know where he is so we may send flowers

Dang it man, Bob was one of the best- I hate reading this news .

God speed and following seas my friend.

Drew and Georganna send their condolences as well.

Sad day...........

Never got to meet bob, don't even run hydroplanes - but i could tell he was one of the goodun's (-; Fair winds & following seas, bob! You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers (you too, RRRick).

I am so shocked and saddened to hear this news. His knowledge about scale was awesome and he was so willing to share it. He will be sadly missed.

Olly

such terribly sad news. Bob was a true scale expert and career Navy veteran.

Bob and i became close friends through email correspondence.

my heartfelt condolences to Mary and family.

dave

Its a sad day in our boating community when we loose one of the great rc boat racers and builders in our community. We will all miss him. Rick I know you and Bob were like brothers so be strong my friend. Its very hard to loose a close friend. He will be in your heart forever.

I'm glad I got to meet and race with Bob. He was very helpful even before I met him. He was such a good builder, racer and promoter of the scale and sport boats. It's very sad to hear of his passing, I will miss him.

This really hurts, Bob was one of the good ones, took an interest in my boats because he knew what I was going through scratch building like he did, I will cherish his extensive emails filled with amazing knowledge of scale building,

his endless generosity was contagious...

I'm sure he's in a better place......rip my friend, you will be sorely missed

Wow this is very sad news... I was really looking forward to racing with him again. Such a fun guy to race with and joke with. Such a great guy, I'm going to miss him at the races.

So sad and shocking to hear this news. Bob's presence will certainly be missed in our hobby and at the races. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Dick Tyndall

Bob Johnson i cant believe his gone
default_sad.png
a Navy Veteran that has served his country, a very proud american and expert scale boater. It hurts to know that he is gone. But bob will be forever remebered by all of us in the boating community with his smile and how happy he was at the races helping everyone regardless of what class they ran. Rick i know you guys were close and you lost a great friend.

RIP Bob Johnson and my condolences to his family.

SGT Julian Conde

US Army

Latest posts

Back