Round nose scales

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sponson Depth on this boat? Would like angle of attack also, But these are two key questions to answer, The balance point woulnt hurt either. Alot of factors for this kind of boat. Usually, I would table and log the information until I got the boat right. But an example, I have Phils first round nose version, Phil races the newest hull with a shallower sponson depth. So, our strut depths are extremely different. man, I hope that made sense. Ken

I would like some information from round nose guy's on stut depth an angle of strut.
thanks

keith
What hull you running? Does it have a break in the bottom angled up to the nose it will lift more so set the strut about 1/4 deeper than the sponson depth. You must have a good balance point too, 90% of the afterplane or more.

I have set mine a bit deeper than i thought needed at first and have a bit of angle too.

My new hull has a flatter bottom up past the front sonsons and 3 degrees sponson angle so it will stay on the water at speed.

Kind of run it and see what it needs thing.

Phil, I believe it is a newton design. It was built by a friend how ever befor it was finished he passed away. It does break up to the front and the CG is about 1" behind the sponson. The center line of the strut is 1" below the bottom of the hull running a 1455 prop. It run hard but has a bit of a bounce to it. Will try lowering the strut more.

Thanks for the info.

keith

Phil, I believe it is a newton design. It was built by a friend how ever befor it was finished he passed away. It does break up to the front and the CG is about 1" behind the sponson. The center line of the strut is 1" below the bottom of the hull running a 1455 prop. It run hard but has a bit of a bounce to it. Will try lowering the strut more.Thanks for the info.

keith
Id add 6 oz of lead to the front and get a 1457 at wide open high speed the boat should dance on the sponsons when right. You want to get the cg as close to the sponson transom as you can..... what motor are you running and pipe?@<length

Phil, I believe it is a newton design. It was built by a friend how ever befor it was finished he passed away. It does break up to the front and the CG is about 1" behind the sponson. The center line of the strut is 1" below the bottom of the hull running a 1455 prop. It run hard but has a bit of a bounce to it. Will try lowering the strut more.Thanks for the info.

keith
Id add 6 oz of lead to the front and get a 1457 at wide open high speed the boat should dance on the sponsons when right. You want to get the cg as close to the sponson transom as you can..... what motor are you running and pipe?@<length
Mike, it's a K&B probably modified and the pipe length is 11 1/2" The boat runs hard but loose.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Keith, have a look at Pauls Supertest next race. The strut may be deeper than yours....Pretty sure the hulls will be very similar....Pauls runs very nice.....

supertest_III.jpg

Back