Roadrunner Twin 45 Extreme

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking boat Julian, how do you like using those Sullivan blue/gold nylon rods? I've been thinking about trying them in my next build as opposed to using 2-56 or 4-40 rods.

Post some videos when you get her in the water.
There perfect I use them on my monos and twins for 3rd ch and throttles never had a problem and easy to move out the way compare to rods. No need for pushrod seals either.

Never go back

Nice looking boat Julian, how do you like using those Sullivan blue/gold nylon rods? I've been thinking about trying them in my next build as opposed to using 2-56 or 4-40 rods.

There perfect I use them on my monos and twins for 3rd ch and throttles never had a problem and easy to move out the way compare to rods. No need for pushrod seals either.

Never go back
Water will get in with those rods . Use X Large fuel tubing , about a 3/4" piece , grease the inner rod and LIGHTLY ty- wrap the tubing to act as a seal .

There perfect I use them on my monos and twins for 3rd ch and throttles never had a problem and easy to move out the way compare to rods. No need for pushrod seals either.Never go back
Water will get in with those rods . Use X Large fuel tubing , about a 3/4" piece , grease the inner rod and LIGHTLY ty- wrap the tubing to act as a seal .
Correct that's what we do for our twins. Right on the money Tom.

Julian,

I see the 2215's on Facebook, but none of the other sets I did for you?

I am sure the 2317's should of been some of the fastest out there. So

the 1662's broke the driveline ? Send them back whatever needs more

Pitch work I will update them for you.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Well after a long day at the pond. Everything went well. The engines are not 100% synced but close enough for some shakedown runs. This boat is never been at the water and did not have no major issues.

The boat did spin a shaft and I lost a 1662 prop. After my GF went home and got all my shaft and brought us some tasty donuts we where at it again.

Breaking in the engines and running them alittle hard for some laps to build heat. The 1st video you see on rauls post I was using the 1460 props. Boat ran great with some good speed turns on rails.

After a few runs the 2nd video I changed to 2215 game changers and the rpm's did pick up as well as Mph. note the boat is very sensitive to turns and with these props as you see I almost hit a bouy a few times because of my steering input. But it turns very extremely well.

Then we switched to the 2317 game changer on the video final run of the day and it performed even better more rpm's and better speed. It turns crazy fast and speeds up on the turns and it's more sensitive to steering inputs.

Over all testing was a complete success and great shakedown runs.

So the difference between the octura props and the new ABC game changers is unbelievable. Definitely will never run a octura prop on this boat. It needs more pitch to load the engines more the boat ran out of prop by the middle of the backstrech but accelerated on the turns.

Thanks to Ralph Almirola for building as always a extremely fast roadrunner boats, Raul for taking videos, David Wilfong for the complete rigging of the boat, Ed Cordero for bringing the retrieve boat and Mark Sholund (PROPS4U)for working overtime to send me 5 sets of props for this twin.

Charles Perdue for the new zoom carbs as always they work perfect for any application.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU NEED MORE PROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we can tweak the engs some.....................
default_wink.png

David,

I have a nice set of 2319-19-38% ready to rock.

We just want to see how the boat handled the new series.

The 19's will step it up to another level.

Nice First Day At The Lake,

Mark Sholund

David,

I have a nice set of 2319-19-38% ready to rock.

We just want to see how the boat handled the new series.

The 19's will step it up to another level.

Nice First Day At The Lake,

Mark Sholund
The 2317 where extremely great and the engines liked it a lot. 2319 will load the engines more which is what the engines are asking for more prop I see the 24 series props in my future as well.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back