Roadrunner rigger-40 What prop to use?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h20rrl

I have an Ultralite roadrunner rigger.It has a CMB45rs in it.The pipe is a 7.5 Mac marine pipe.Can you guys tell me what prop to use with this set-up?I tried a H22 and was unsuccesful.The prop was to much for this.Thanks for your comments.

I have an Ultralite roadrunner rigger.It has a CMB45rs in it.The pipe is a 7.5 Mac marine pipe.Can you guys tell me what prop to use with this set-up?I tried a H22 and was unsuccesful.The prop was to much for this.Thanks for your comments.

1457 octura is a good generic prop for most 45 riggers. Try it stock first, once you get everything else dialed in ... then add some cup to it. Other props to try are 1655 but you may have to back cut it to prevent the rear of the boat from hopping and a cut down in diameter 1460 is another one to try.

If you rather just buy props ready to go, call Andy at CMDI he has a new line of CNC props and other custom props made just for your application.

http://www.cmdracing.com/updated/main.htm

John

Last edited by a moderator:
John noted the 1457 which is an excellent choice. Two options are the H-18 (smaller than the H-22) and the S-20, both ABC's. The H-22 is too large. I have a H-18 on my Roadrunner with the 45RS in it.

I appreciate all the info given.This is a good starting point.Thanks again
If you have a good set up and a strong engine you can try the 1657 also, but it will need a back cut to help you launch the boat.

Walt Barney

Thanks for the info Walt,i have been breaking in that new tank you sent me-Rick,Texas

Rick,

I will trade you a S&B 1457 for your S&B H-22?

The 1460 is a good propeller if you reduce it for

better RPM. These boats are RPM driven, and you

must set up for Maximum RPM. Shorter pipe lengths

and less pitch progression in your propellers.

Let Me Know Please,

Mark Sholund

1460 Octura Is the base line prop for that boat.

hey Rick I have a 1460 ready to go let me know.Andy's cnc props might be the way to go w/ your past history!?!?!?

h22 , its tough to launch with a short pipe , but feather the throttle untill it hops up of the pipe and you are off.

i am playing with a back cut h30 at the moment . its showing promise on a 45 rigger . as will the v962. if you have the right AOA on the front for the prop to lift that much .

with the v9 series , it will cavitate and loose up to 30% of its drive all the way around the corner(depending on entry speed) , but when it hits the strait make sure its

Jason

JAS

I think there talking about oval propellers not record trials.

V962 on an oval 45 rigger, i would like to see that. :huh:

if your running those props on your oval 45 rigger you should come out and race,

best and fastest props i have found is mod 1655 and 1657's on oval 45 riggers

regards Aaron

Back