RIP Jim Allen

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear this. I never met Jim but we did chat every now and then. It was always nice to get his perspective on how things should be done. Definitely a master of his craft and will surely be missed.

Brian

Very sad to hear, a great loss to the hobby. I also knew him by phone only, starting when I bought a Hummingbird 60 kit from him. To my immense benefit, we had a number of great conversations over the years, an amazing guy with an incredible amount of knowledge.

WOW - so sorry to hear of this sad news. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Jim's post and was always in awe of his impeccable machining skills.

Condolences to his family......

Oh man , so sorry to hear this . His talents were too numerous to mention . A world class machinist and tool and die maker , also a Marine . He was very influential in my first years of boating and continue to use some of the things I saw him practice . A super talent and wealth of knowledge that will be greatly missed . Semper Fidelis Jim .

Just read, my condolences to family on their loss.
One smart dude, met at Charleston, and pitted for him on practice day in D tunnel.
Godspeed.

Extremely sad news for sure.. I just learned of Jim's passing yesterday.. very very talented individual with wealths of knowledge.. so sorry to hear.. godspeed jim...😔

I was very shocked to hear this. I just spoke to him on the phone earlier this month. He had just moved to Suffolk, Va. and was going to run some boats with us at the ODMBA lake. Jim was an excellent machinist and our conversations were always a learning experience for me as well as a fun time. He will be missed by all that knew him. Jim was a Marine veteran and very proud of having served his country. My condolences go out to all of his family at this time. Semper Fi

Dick Tyndall

Back