RIP Glenn Frey

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

Glenn Frey, one of the founding members of the Eagles died yesterday at age 67. RIP Glenn, & thanx for 45 years of great music & memories.

RIP
default_sad.png

Ray,

One of my favorite songs. That's saying a lot, coming from a diehard metalhead.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

One of my favorite bands ever. "Hotel California" from the "Hell Freezes Over" CD........... the BEST ! Glenn and Don Henley were a great song writing duo. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family, friends and the millions of fans throughout the world.

Dick Tyndall

One of my favorite bands ever. "Hotel California" from the "Hell Freezes Over" CD........... the BEST ! Glenn and Don Henley were a great song writing duo. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family, friends and the millions of fans throughout the world.

Dick Tyndall
In the masters chamber, they gather for the feast. They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast...........That was song writing.
default_cool.png

Ray,

The Eagles were definitely one of those few examples of "more than the sum of their parts". Nobody was really a standout as far as their individual jobs, but the arrangements were epic. Nothing was a simple as it would seem to the casual listener, but even the tone-deaf could FEEL what was put into it. And then the three and four part harmonies on nearly every track, whether you could hear it on the surface or not. Not to mention some of the deepest, soul-stirring lyrics. All this came together to create something that very few assemblies of musicians could, have or ever will duplicate. Again, this coming from a to-the-core metalhead, but I gotta give props where it's due. We miss guys like this already, but we're REALLY gonna miss them when all that's left are what's taking over the music business right now.......
default_wacko.png

I wonder if he's Out Ridin' Fences......

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Ray,

The Eagles were definitely one of those few examples of "more than the sum of their parts". Nobody was really a standout as far as their individual jobs, but the arrangements were epic. Nothing was a simple as it would seem to the casual listener, but even the tone-deaf could FEEL what was put into it. And then the three and four part harmonies on nearly every track, whether you could hear it on the surface or not. Not to mention some of the deepest, soul-stirring lyrics. All this came together to create something that very few assemblies of musicians could, have or ever will duplicate. Again, this coming from a to-the-core metalhead, but I gotta give props where it's due. We miss guys like this already, but we're REALLY gonna miss them when all that's left are what's taking over the music business right now.......
default_wacko.png

I wonder if he's Out Ridin' Fences......

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I too am a Metalhead from way back, Halford Rules. But out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac. A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back, you can never look back".
default_tongue.png
My wife is an Eagles junkie, she listens on Pandora and sings at the top of her lungs. Matter of fact both my kids were conceived with Eagles albums playing in the background. I know "to much information".
default_biggrin.png

I remember riding around with my dad in his truck back in the early 80's. He was pure Country and Western fan. Lyin' Eyes came on and I started singing. It flipped him out that I knew a "c&w" song. I just laughed. Dad, if ya only knew. We got home and I pulled out One of These Nights lp and played it for him. Hippies dad!!
default_tongue.png

Out of all of those who have passed away the past few weeks for some reason this one hit me hard. I've got some of his music loaded into the CD player of my ride and have played that one a lot.

Back