RIP Bob Finn

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasted wages

Supporting Member
Posting in the other cancer thread reminded me that I read of Bob Finn's passing from cancer a few days ago.

There is a thread on JRCBD with details.

Rest in peace Mr Finn...Prayers and condolences to his wife and family..

RIP Bob.

Bob Finn story:

I still chuckle whenever I think about the time at Echo Park lake setting up for the Shootout Race ~June 2001. I was out in the retrieve boat with another club member. He was driving and I was dropping the cinder block bricks tied to the bouys to setup the course. Windy day, boat was drifting and spinning around - Art up on the bank shouting out instructions that we wouldn't/couldn't follow. After about 20 minutes I had heard enough and screamed "STFU".

Other club member driving the boat busted out laughing, Bob looked over at Art and growled "You understand that?". I got that part of the story from a couple of guest boat racers that came down to Fort Worth from Wichita Falls for the weekend. They said it was "world class".

ROFL! I'm laughing as I type this.

Then later on that same year came the St. Louis race. Toilet clogged in Bob's motor home...somebody dropped a huge baby ruth in it and walked away not saying anything.............needless to say Bob wasn't very happy. :)

RIP Bob.

Bob Finn story:

I still chuckle whenever I think about the time at Echo Park lake setting up for the Shootout Race ~June 2001. I was out in the retrieve boat with another club member. He was driving and I was dropping the cinder block bricks tied to the bouys to setup the course. Windy day, boat was drifting and spinning around - Art up on the bank shouting out instructions that we wouldn't/couldn't follow. After about 20 minutes I had heard enough and screamed "STFU".

Other club member driving the boat busted out laughing, Bob looked over at Art and growled "You understand that?". I got that part of the story from a couple of guest boat racers that came down to Fort Worth from Wichita Falls for the weekend. They said it was "world class".

ROFL! I'm laughing as I type this.

Then later on that same year came the St. Louis race. Toilet clogged in Bob's motor home...somebody dropped a huge baby ruth in it and walked away not saying anything.............needless to say Bob wasn't very happy. :)

I think everyone that met Bob, has a story about him...He mellowed out as he got older, but when he was young, he could be a force to be reckoned with!!

Just found this: Robert John Finn Obituary

Bob had some great stories of when he was the swing shift Watch Commander for Arlington PD. One I remember well, Bob walked into a local Honky Tonk bar with his partner looking for a felony fugative on a busy Saturday night. His partner liked to carry the shotgun from their cruiser. Bad guy was sitting at the end of the bar, saw them walk in and spun around drawing drew his weapon as he rotated, Bob said his partner let go with the 12ga in the bar full of people. It lifted the guy right up off of the bar stool and threw him backwards just like Hollywood.

RIP Bob.

Never knew Bob was in law enforcement...
Knowing that, I can see how his rough demeanor may have come about.

Boy, if he didn't like a call from the CD stand, he was quite vocal about it !!
I saw some pretty good shouting matches go on between him and the judges too... He definitely wasn't afraid to stand up for himself !!

RIP Bob...

Never knew Bob was in law enforcement...
Knowing that, I can see how his rough demeanor may have come about.

Boy, if he didn't like a call from the CD stand, he was quite vocal about it !!
I saw some pretty good shouting matches go on between him and the judges too... He definitely wasn't afraid to stand up for himself !!

RIP Bob...
Oh yeah! Some classic knock down drag out battles. Seems like somebody said he got dismissed from a race or two along the way.

Makes for some great stories - legendary stuff!

I wish his family well and Rest in Peace Bob.

Latest posts

Back