rigger pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike,

That's one fine looking hydo.

The carbon work looks great. Did you build it?

By seeing all of the work that went into building that boat, I'm sure you want the max performance from it. Please don't take offense, but I did notice that you had your 3rd channel needle plumbed backward. The fuel needs to flow to the tip or point of the needle, not away from it for the smoothest flow. It DOES make a difference.

I see so....... many people that make that common mistake. If you have a flow meter,flow it both ways and you will see what I'm talking about or do a search here on I/W.

That's also the reason Don Ferrette came out with his base. It makes for a VERY clean set-up in riggers.You don't have lines going all over.

And no, I don't get a commission from Don, I'm just sharing what I believe in. ;)

Just my $.02 probably worth $.01

And GOOD LUCK with the new hydro!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work Mike! :)

How did you make up the sides, what core did you use? Is it all sheeted with 2 layers of 6oz cloth?

Is the cowl molded?

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you make up the sides, what core did you use? Is it all sheeted with 2 layers of 6oz cloth?

Is the cowl molded?

Terry,

The hull sides and bulkheads are 3/16 5 ply birch ply wood. Yes it is 2 lawyers of 5.8 oz. bidirectional weave. .022" thick 10" x 4 ft sheets were made in a home made "press" using five 2 ton bottle jacks. Only the inside (boom tube side) of the sponsons have 3/16" ply on them, the rest is skinned .022" carbon over Divinicell (however you spell) blocks that were 3-D cut on a CNC machining center. The 43" long hull sides werw also CNC cut after they were skinned in the press also. The cowel mold was also CNC 3-D cut (no "plug" needed here!). In fact every aluminum part wes made by me in a CNC except the Aeromarine pretty bolt "washers", Speedmaster strut, and CMDI rudder bracket (x-tra wide 7075 aluminum rudder was made by me after bending the CMDI one). I even cut the .05" titanium turn fin on a CNC. I spent countless hours 3-D modeling the whole boat on the computer before cutting the 1st peice. The boat race ready with no fuel weighs in at 10 lbs even. Not the lightest F rigger on the planet, but not bad neither. It's bee clocked at 88mph in heat race setup and can be driven any where you want to put it on the course.

Mike Stutzman

Is the cowl molded?

Terry,

The hull sides and bulkheads are 3/16 5 ply birch ply wood. Yes it is 2 lawyers of 5.8 oz. bidirectional weave. .022" thick 10" x 4 ft sheets were made in a home made "press" using five 2 ton bottle jacks. Only the inside (boom tube side) of the sponsons have 3/16" ply on them, the rest is skinned .022" carbon over Divinicell (however you spell) blocks that were 3-D cut on a CNC machining center. The 43" long hull sides werw also CNC cut after they were skinned in the press also. The cowel mold was also CNC 3-D cut (no "plug" needed here!). In fact every aluminum part wes made by me in a CNC except the Aeromarine pretty bolt "washers", Speedmaster strut, and CMDI rudder bracket (x-tra wide 7075 aluminum rudder was made by me after bending the CMDI one). I even cut the .05" titanium turn fin on a CNC. I spent countless hours 3-D modeling the whole boat on the computer before cutting the 1st peice. The boat race ready with no fuel weighs in at 10 lbs even. Not the lightest F rigger on the planet, but not bad neither. It's bee clocked at 88mph in heat race setup and can be driven any where you want to put it on the course.

Mike Stutzman
Very kewl, I wish I had access to that kind of machinery...

Nice job!!!

Superb looking boat, Im in the process of building a rigger made out of CF sheet. Yours is hands down THE best looking rigger iv seen to date, also how ya like that 91rs? Iv got one on the way for my mono.

Is the cowl molded?

Terry,

Mike Stutzman
Very kewl, I wish I had access to that kind of machinery...

Nice job!!!
Terry,

Thanks for the compliment, it means alot comming from you as I have seen your beauitiful carbon boats run at Celina before. Seeing your boats and running boats with Gregg David (Carbonman) is what inspired me to build this! And, YES it is nice having access to this kind of machinery.

Superb looking boat, Im in the process of building a rigger made out of CF sheet. Yours is hands down THE best looking rigger iv seen to date, also how ya like that 91rs? Iv got one on the way for my mono.
I have put both the EVO 1.0 and RS91 in it and I think the RS has alot more rpm without any loss of torque that I noticed.

Thanks for ALL the compliments! I,ve ran this boat at 5 races in two years. I FINALLY got my first digital camera and was playing around taking pics and just thought I'd share with all.

Mike Stutzman

I think I saw you at Mendota with that boat I believe last year or the year before. That boat runs awesome!!

Larry Jr.

Latest posts

Back