rev-unlimited engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys...can anyone give me input on these engine? Are they reliable and powerfull? Any info good or bad. The prices seem good but not sure on quality.

Thanks

Norm

A racing buddy of mine has one in his Hurricane Rigger. It runs very well, the only thing that he had a issue with was the starter went bad (it uses a easy-start type starter), and at the last race I pulled if off and installed a stock Zenoah style starter and all is good. I think it is a good deal for the cost of it.

I've got a little time on mine and will have it out again tomorrow. Mine was modded by Mike Ross at Suicidal Engines and seems to run well after just a couple of times on the water.

Oddly enough yesterday afterrnoon I tried to fire it up and my pull-starter took a dump also, the circlips (e-clips) holding the pawls on let loose. Fortunately I had a spare Easy-Start from Zippkits/X-Force handy so that one went on. The pawls showed some odd wear on them like the were hitting at an angle.

I'm still working on the tuned pipe length and pipes as I was running the Zippkits pipe but bolted on a new pipe being sold by Daniel Place.

one of our club members has run one all season. No problems running ,pull cord did go bad. A Zenhoa 260 top end kit will fit right in. Water jacket has bigger dia holes in a stock X-force

i've been running the 26 cc mid mod in my hurricane rigger, as john mentioned. runs great, after sorting a few things out. the nylon starter pawls blew out after 3 races & a few test sessions. the replacement pawl from bruce at gizmo has metal pawls, they have addressed the issue. my pickup coil never ran well under load, no rpms. i changed it out to a zen red primary, & no more issues. i have since read a few threads on jim's that mention closing the plug gap tp .015", mine is at .020".......with the high rpms & the limited time the secondary coil has the charge & discharge, the smaller gap makes sense, easier to jump at higher rpms, gonna change mine & see if it makes a matter. but for $159 (old price) or even $179 now, it has started every time, run well & really isn't giving up a lot to some good running big block riggers here in d-12. i'm running the gizmo victory pipe at 11 1/2", turning a 2716/2 20* 50-55. i have added an aluminum iso block, wt-257 carb & ngk plug, but those were all my choice, not something i had to "fix". bruce is great to deal with & will get a lot of my gas boating budget in the future.

Back