Record Trial - Flint, MI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Bill Cummings and the Oakland/Wolverine MBC's semi annual RT is coming this weekend at Thread Lake, 8am-8pm, Sat. & Sun. Come or go anytime, $10 to register, $1/run, hope to see ya!

Terry, any idea of who may be showing up this time? I might drive up on Saturday just to get out of town for a few hours. We need to see some 100 MPH runs this time, the weather could be right for it!

Ron,

I will be heading to Flint, Mi this weekend also to try and help a few boaters

with their goals of setting some new records perhaps. We will be very lucky

if all the right things come together for 100 MPH passes though. I think a few

outboard records may be broken though.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Good luck to Bob with the outboards and every one else who is gonna try for a record...

~James

My dad and I are hopping to make it since im on schedual to put my boat back together. I will probably only be there sunday if anything.

I will be there both days. I'm bringing the 21 and 45 outboard tunnel SAW boats this time. I'm making Karen leave her gas boat at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
krpnova said:
I will be there both days. I'm bringing the 21 and 45 outboard tunnel SAW boats this time. I'm making Karen leave her gas boat at home.
Great to hear you both will make it, we all stay at the M6 at I 69 & 75, 810-767-7100. Too bad about "Big Bertha", she was kinda' growin' on me... :eek:

Boaters,

Props-4-U will be giving away a propeller of their choice for the fastest time trial

time, and the fastest Str.Away pass for each day Saturday and Sunday. I think

this may bring some people up to Flint to work on their boat setups and in general

just have some FUN. I will be happy to help anyone out while I am there.

Good Luck, :)

Mark Sholund

Thanks to Bill,Mike & Terry for putting on a great time trial!We had a good day at the pond!Also thanks to Mark from Props-4-U for his generosity!!

Officially out of retirement,Jay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well..... how bout it? any results?

Bob how did the tunnels run? I heard you were gonna be the one to catch in SAW....

~James

Thanks again to Bill Cummings, Mike Nowicki and the OWMBC for another great time at Thread Lake. Weather was beautiful both days with the water laying flat for many hours. Many great runs were recorded but the only records set were by (unretired?) Jason Boyd in electric.

Gary and David Preusse came from Chicagoland and ran fast in a bunch of classes, thanks for the support guys!

Mark Sholund made the trip again from Traverse City with his bag of props for everyone to try, thanks Mark!

Bob and Karen Kinsell came from Ft. Wayne and ran some fast outboards.

Mark Stein, Mike Solomon, Ron Jefferson Jr., showed up to work on making their heat boats better and get all the free advise they could use! :blink:

Hope to see y'all again in the Spring!!!

Terry,Bill,and Mike,

Another GREAT Str.Away Time Trial. If we only had a few more propellers

and a little more daylight I think Mike Nowicki would have been well into

the 110 MPH record with his 45 boat. I will make a set of 20- 2160's for

next year for sure,we just might have someone new at Str.Aways next

year. I would also like to Thank: Terry,Bill,and Mike for their hard work

and dedication to this wonderful hobby/sport,and all the behind the scene

things that make this record trials happen. GOOD JOB FELLAS! Oh yeah,

Jay and Mike won the PROPS-4-U propellers for going the fastest with

their boats. :)

Thanks Again,

Mark Sholund

Great job on putting on another great record trial. We had a great time and will back for the next one.

Bob and Karen Kensill

Back