Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct. 4-5th.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ONE MORE QUESTION
I dont see T Sport on the FE 1/3 Oval Chart, I can run the 8th scale in T Sport if its available?

Thanks Terry/Steve for answering all my?s If i can make it it'l be Sunday.

Ken
Looks like you could set IMPBA 1/3rd oval records in N-1, N-2, O-1, O-2, P, Q, S & T for Electric Sport Hydro just by running 2 laps, they're all open. Looks to me that your average scale boat would conform to the Electric Sport Hydro rules on J-12, you would of course need to have the right motor/cell package for each class.

See ya on the weekend, bring your NAMBA card! :D

Mike Nowicki and I made it to Thread Lake today, we were able to rent a 6' high section of scaffolding and got another load of gravel on the roadway. The site is all set up and looking good.

Hate to jinx it but the weekend weather looks good, definately gonna be some good air.

See ya'll on the weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck everyone!

Terry, this is your weekend to do above 100+

Franko, take it easy on my C mono record. I know you can do it!

Have Fun,

Kentley

Mike Nowicki and I made it to Thread Lake today, we were able to rent a 6' high section of scaffolding and got another load of gravel on the roadway. The site is all set up and looking good.
Hate to jinx it but the weekend weather looks good, definately gonna be some good air.

See ya'll on the weekend!
Terry Mike,

Thanks for getting it all ready. We do appreciate the hard work you guys do down there and I can't wait to get there.

Yup, the weather looks good and I'm putting the finishing touches on my boats to bring.

See ya Saturday mornin.

Good ol' weather forecasters. My AccuWeather used the word "Delightful" for Saturday. It's still going to be a chilly morning so dress warm.

I'll toss some tools in the back of my ride plus a 1,000 watt power inverter in case somebody needs some 110 AC.

Hi all, we just got home a little while ago, whipped but had an absolute blast today! Several records were set including David Preusse dropping the 2-lap Sport 20 reord by one second. The others I'll let Mike or Terry tell you about as they'll have the facts.

Plenty of carnage and blow-overs in the attempts at records. I expect more new records tomorrow as some people were really close but had some more fine tuning to do.

Great weather if you like it cool but overcast most of the day and barely any wind.

I've got pix and videos to upload so give me a little time to get those up.

We (my son and I) even had some excitement on the way to Flint. About 5 miles west of where we had to get off the highway we stopped at a rest area. After leaving the bathroom and walking over to the vending machine shack we heard a loud explosion that sounded like a huge cannon. Turning around we saw a huge cloud of black smoke across the highway and there was a semi tractor on fire, heavily engulfed in flames. I got a short video of it along with one other person at the rest area.

The driver was fine as we saw him with a police officer.

Picture and video site: http://www.dropshots.com/RonOlson#date/2008

Don, he never fired that boat up Saturday but probably did on Sunday. The Sport 20 was running too lean so he never got a good run out of that one, at least up until I left at around 6:30 PM Saturday.

I'm guessing that you won't hear much more about the results until sometime Monday as there were a lot of tired bodies with some long distances to drive home.

Over at Jim's, they said that Wally set a new gas Cat record but with which boat I don't know.

There were about 4 .12 'riggers making osme great runs, Paul's boat was getting consistant 52 MPH passes, not even close to the record but still impressive for a budget boat in heat racing form.

Hi All,

This may be a dumb question, but regarding the sanction number for this event is it 08-053RT ?

Thank You,

Paul

Just got home and boy am I beat! Thanks to everyone who came to make this one of the best events we've had at Thread Lake, which BTW, has been hosting IMPBA events for nearly 40 years now.

Here's a "quick" re-cap, look for a full article in the December IMPBA Roostertail.

We had 19 contestants from as far away as New Hamshire and they were treated to some of the best conditions I've seen in my 20+ years being involved with this event. Both days had crisp, cool air and hardly a breath of wind. We did our best to keep things moving along and thanks have to go to Mike Nowicki, Mike Ross, Mark Stein and the rest of the Oakland/Wolverine MBC for all their help.

Paul (Gooycheese) Bychowski and Chuck Giesen came from the Chicago area and ran their fast .12 hydros through the traps for speed patches and kicks, thanks guys.

Gary Murcott, Frank Orlic and Steve Reesor came from Ontario, Gary running his new LSG riggers, Franco his little .21 rigger and mono and Steve his big electric riggers and monos. Steve made a 2.556 sec. or 88.028 mph blast with his big Q rigger and opened the books on the T hydro oval at a very respectable 23.868 sec.

Gary and David Preusse had a good weekend, Dave upping his SP20 SAW to 66.568 mph and the oval to 23.974 sec. Gary had a 74.577 mph pass with his "A" (.12) Hawk before it tumbled and broke and ran his SP 40 to a 24.232 oval, thanks guys.

Denny Wilson (IMPBA 3167) came over from Buffalo to run his Nelson powered mono and his 20 Hawk, good to see ya again Denny!

Mark Sholund cam down with lots of props for everyone to try and even had a little time to run his Nowicki 20 SAW boat, looking good Mark!

Walt Radzinski and buddy Randy Crum came over from the west side of the state and ran a fast little Whiplash 20 but had all kinds of problems, I know you'll get it guys, and when you do David better lookout!

Rick and Dustin Maston came up from Ohio to run their fast LSG mono and cat. Dustin set the LS36 mono record at 65.963 mph and the LS36 Catamaran at 71.023 mph, congratulations guys and see ya next year!

Co CD Mike Nowicki and Mike (engine man) Ross teamed up in LS27 hydro and had a 89.250 mph shot coming close to the 92.251 mph record held by Matt Waldron. Mike Ross had a bunch of passes in the 70's with his LS27 Cat and Mike Nowicki had lots of passes over the "C" hydro record with his Nova Rossi .28 powered hull, including one blast Saturday night of 101.856 mph, try as could he couldn't get it backed up for the record though, next year bud, next year...

"Amp Heads" Ken Joye, Fred Siewert and Terry Davis joined us on Sunday and opened the books on some oval records, Ken ran 30.913 sec. in T Sport Hydro, Fred 31.513 in Q Sport and Terry 30.801 in P Sport and 32.567 in N-2 Sport, thanks guys!

The hi-light of the weekend though had to be when Walter Duarte, who came all the way from Raymond, NH, finally put two passes together back to back to get the XLS27 Catamaran record at 77.855 mph late Sunday after knocking on the door all weekend. Walter had a bunch of us "driving" for him as he aired his PPB Dragcat through the traps pass after pass trying to get the average over the record, finally his last two made it with a fastest of 78.152 mph!

And me, well, I'm getting my new boat running pretty smooth and learning new things every time I get it out, and I got all kinds of work for the guys in the shop to do over the winter!

Terry,

Thanks for putting up with all of us and the ton of work to get it done. Also thanks to Mike and Mark for all you guys do too.

Plagued with problems or not, we still had a great time. Always do and can't wait for spring to do it again.

This weekend was awesome as far as conditions go and some took full advantage of it. Congrats guys it's much deserved.

Walters Drag Cat was awesome!! What a great ride attitude, perfect. I sure hope someone was able to video a few of his passes. They sure were pretty.

And as always, Mike Nowickis riggers are always a site to see. Absolutely the best!

And best of all it was great to meet a few new people, put some faces to names and see the SAW gang again.

We'll see you all again in the spring

THANKS!!

IMPBA world records applied for:

SAW:

SP20 David Preusse 3.380 sec 66.568 mph

LS36 Catamaran Dustyn Maston 3.168 sec 71.023 mph

LS36 Mono Dustyn Maston 3.411 sec 65.963 mph

XLS27 Catamaran Walter Duarte 2.890 sec 77.855 mph

1/3rd Oval:

SP20 Hydro David Preusse 23.974 sec 50.054 mph

T Hydro Steve Reesor 23.868 sec 50.277 mph

N-2 Sport Hydro Terry Davis 32.567 sec 36.847 mph

P Sport Hydro Terry Davis 30.801 sec 38.960 mph

Q Sport Hydro Fred Siewert 31.513 sec 38.080 mph

T Sport Hydro Ken Joye 30.913 sec 38.819 mph

Congratulations All!

Congrats to David & Gary. The SP20 record is starting to get up to where it should be now. Talley and I have been working on our SP20 setup and hope to get conditions as good as you guys had to run on.

Good job!

-Carl,

Back