Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct. 4-5th.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
All IMPBA classes for SAW and 1/3rd Oval, 8am-dark. Come and go any time, $15 to register and a buck a run.

Here's a map of Thread Lake, we're at the north end of Orville St., north of McKinley Park:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...038452&z=15

Here's the M6 where we stay, under $40/nt:

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_d...l.aspx?num=1069

Here's some pix from past events:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10068

Also see the article in the June '08 Roostertail:

http://www.impba.net/

Come run on the biggest record water in North America!

Terry, Mike, and Mark,

I can hardly wait to see you all again in Flint, Michigan.

Hopefully, I will have some 80 MPH,90 MPH and 100 MPH boats with me this time.

Not much time to test this year, but what I am bringing has a lot of potential.

Thanks Mike,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, how's the weather looking for the event?

I checked the Weather Channel on my cell phone at work tonight and they're talking rain and a low of 43 for Saturday. Hopefully the forecast will change by then. If it does, I plan on making the drive over there just to hang out and see if I can fill a memory card with some videos. There will be at least one new record that will be set there with maybe two people going for the same one.

Yup, I'll be there if anyone needs a groupie or something! :lol: I'm always good for making a run to McDonald's. The problem is that I think that it's supposed to rain this weekend also, at least on this side of the state. I did the 10-day forecast on my cell. I've also got Accu-Weather loaded into it so we'll have radar.

Have you heard who's showing up yet? So far I heard Gary and David Preusse, Paul "gooeycheese" Wykowski, Walt Radzinski and a few others.

Who else is making the drive?

Yup, I'll be there if anyone needs a groupie or something! :lol: I'm always good for making a run to McDonald's. The problem is that I think that it's supposed to rain this weekend also, at least on this side of the state. I did the 10-day forecast on my cell. I've also got Accu-Weather loaded into it so we'll have radar.Have you heard who's showing up yet? So far I heard Gary and David Preusse, Paul "gooeycheese" Wykowski, Walt Radzinski and a few others.

Who else is making the drive?
Mmmm, McDonalds...

Is the 10 day forcast where they use the really, really big dartboard? :lol:

Seriously, will be good to see you, think we should have a good turnout. We're looking into renting a single plank 6' scaffold to make the oval more appealing. :D

Hey Gang,

Yup, we'll be there for sure. Randy's coming along again too.

I've already got my fingers crossed for good weather especially since we're planning on both days this time.

See ya all soon!!

I just checked weather.com for Flint, and they're showing 63 and sunny with winds @ 7mph on saturday and 66 and 8 mph on Sunday. Looks good to me. :)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/int..._topnav_driving

I'll be there coming alone but to meet up with Rick Maston I am looking forward to my first time trials. The new gas rigger just weighed in at 10.25 lbs should be a good time.

Gary

I'll be there coming alone but to meet up with Rick Maston I am looking forward to my first time trials. The new gas rigger just weighed in at 10.25 lbs should be a good time.
Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm looking forward to finally meeting you. I'll try to remember to bring the front sponsons for you to my gas rigger you built.

It'll be great to see you there this time and can't wait to see your rigger run.

Mike staying home with his wife this time?

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm looking forward to finally meeting you. I'll try to remember to bring the front sponsons for you to my gas rigger you built.

It'll be great to see you there this time and can't wait to see your rigger run.

Mike staying home with his wife this time?

Mike is not able to make it I will be alone. I am looking forward to making new friends.

Gary

I checked in again with the forecast and it's changing already but that's Michigan for you! The big whoppin' 60% chance of rain may drop .03", no big deal.

It will be good to see those that I haven't seen in too long of a time and am looking forward to seeing some new faces.

I was hoping to make it up there to take a shot at some outboard records. Looks like I will be staying home to nurse my broken ankle! I'll be there for the next one.

Hi All,

Since I have never been to flint can someone please tell me if the black dot is in the correct location?

flint.jpg

Thank You,

Paul

Yup, that's the place.

I don't know what route the others take but I go I-94 to I-69 and take that to the Bishop Airport exit. Take that to S. Saginaw to Belvidere just before the overpass. You have to kind of zig-zag to get back to the park then drive through a parking lot to get down to the lake.

The alternate route is to take I-94 to 23 but I found my way to be faster as traffic isn't as bad and you can haul ass in the open areas of highway. I-94 gets a little nuts over in the Ann Arbor area, kind of like Chicago traffic!

The road that they show on the map isn't much of a road, more like a 2-tracker.

Hi All,
Since I have never been to flint can someone please tell me if the black dot is in the correct location?

flint.jpg

Thank You,

Paul

That's it, prolly easier to stay on I-69 and go south on Saginaw St., as soon as you pass under I-475 go left on E. Belvidere and make your way to the north end of Orville St. where there's a little turnaround. We're down the hill beside the fwy, which, BTW gives excellent shelter to any breeze out of the west. ;)

TERRY trying to get some straight answers here,

Will there be `FE' 8th Scale SAW classes for Oval & Straight line offered at this event?

Or are 8th Scales just thrown into the T Class with the hydro/riggers?

I'm assuming there's not records avail for T Cat either they would fall into hydro/rigger class

Also how do you handle records for non-IMPBA members? (NAMBA 1818)

thanks!

TERRY trying to get some straight answers here,
Will there be `FE' 8th Scale SAW classes for Oval & Straight line offered at this event?

Or are 8th Scales just thrown into the T Class with the hydro/riggers?

I'm assuming there's not records avail for T Cat either they would fall into hydro/rigger class

Also how do you handle records for non-IMPBA members? (NAMBA 1818)

thanks!
I see the IMPBA "amp heads" are in the process of changing their rules, partially (so I'm told), that they're better aligned with NAMBA's FE rules. They're still under a 1 year trial though and won't come into effect 'til next year (if passed).

Come and run your 1/8th scale so that in the Spring you'll be ready to set records when the class opens, for now though there's no record class in IMPBA for 1/8th scale and it would be classed as a T (or S or whatever) hydro.

Records listed as "Tunnel" are actually Catamaran records so yes there are records for T Cat. Current IMPBA records are at http://www.impba.net/ under "Business Info", IMPBA forms and voting, 4th up from the bottom. Both T Tunnel (Cat) records held by Paul Pachmayer look purdy stout BTW! :eek:

From the IMPBA membership application:

Other Organization Members: Members of other AMATEUR boating organizations are eligible to participate at IMPBA sanctioned events for $10.00 each event.

Members must fill-out and sign this waiver then submit to Club Contest Director along with the $10.00 registration fee.

Other AMATEUR Organization Membership Number (Required) __________________________ Fee Enclosed $ ____________________

So bring your NAMBA card and $10 and come and have some fun with us! :D

ONE MORE QUESTION

I dont see T Sport on the FE 1/3 Oval Chart, I can run the 8th scale in T Sport if its available?

Thanks Terry/Steve for answering all my?s If i can make it it'l be Sunday.

Ken

Back