Recessed Transoms

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Hi , Can anyone tell me if a recessed transom would benefit the handling of my boats? I've built a 29 wof with O.S. and pipe. Also 27 wof with stock K&B. If so, then how far should recess be? Merry Christmas to all. Thanks-Don

Don,

For an O.S. Max, I insert the transom 1 1/4". For a K&B 3.5ss, I use a 7/8" insert. I think it makes them a little easier to trim. Don't necessarily think it provides more speed.

JD

I agree with JD, the recess is for oval and handeling, If ya want speed like for runnin SAW then ya want it out there.

I run mine at 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 transom to drive dog reguardless of the recess on the transom, but I am a speed nut!!!!

Slide 8)

Has anyone figured out how to make an adjustable transom?That would be mybest solution.

29T,

When I want to extend my propeller further back, I use plywood spacers and longer cap head bolts into the t-nuts in the transom. The spacer should be slightly larger than the mounting plate for the motor.

I use 1/4" plywood and have different widths in multiples of 1/4". If my math isn't as obsolete as my radio box rudder output seals, that would be 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", and so on.

JD

Good News Jerry!

Rumor has it that your 1/4 inch increments are correct.

However, watch out for those racers from Europe. All measurements over here are in centimeters, except those European wanna-be's in England.

Latest posts

Back