Real flight r/c plane simulator

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real Flight Sim and Cheap do not go into the same sentence. Its been a long time since I used a sim, weather is so good here 95% of the time that if I get the itch I just go fly.

This one seems to be pretty good and is updated regularly http://www.rc-flight-simulator.com/. Perspective is the one thing I had issues with on Sims. I found using it to get my landings and takeoffs down it made flying a bit less scary since I was decently confident I could land and take off with out hitting the parked cars or people a couple hundred feet away. :) The best way to learn to fly is with a buddy since the perspective is real life there is no trying to trick your brain into seeing 3d in a 2d monitor. Use the sim then get somebody to help you fly.

I just taught a friend to fly in less than a day with a homemade foam plane with parts I had laying around. Its slow and has great control. Will fly for an hour on 1000mah 2 cell lipo. Although the Park shark is not available the Frog can be made cheap with .50 cents in foam. and cheap gear.

Park shark

9DEE07ED-A24C-41E8-B29F-ECA108B61AB9-62948-000021FA737A5186.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still rather expensive but Phonix is my favorite. One big plus over Real Flight is you get free updates. That includes software update, new aircraft and addtional flying fields. Also if you buy the version with a controller, it's includes a real Spektrum transmitter. Not a dummy that can only be used on the computer. I did six months on a flight sim before I sucessfully maidened my four channel Parkzone T-28. One thing the sim helped me with as a new pilot is when I got the plane out of shape, my reaction to correct the situation was instinctive. Most new pilots have to take time to think before they correct or they panic resulting in a crash.

Back