RC Boats in Vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

I am going there in mid December to see my brother graduate college, & I was hopping I could watch a few RC boats while I am there since I don’t like to gamble. I know that they run at a park pond, I just remember what it is called. Does anyone know anybody that runs boats there that I could hook up with to watch? Or does anyone know when they typically run boats?

Wade- I am going to be there the 17-19 of Dec. on vacation. maybe I'll see you there :p

Adam

Hey Adam, I'm going to be there from the 17th-20th !!

Thanks AL, I might stop by on that Saturday when I am there & see if anyone is there. Thanks for the map!

Hey guys,

Your best bet would be to go on Sat. or Sun. about 10 a.m. to noon, because its getting colder out here and most of the guys run till the sun sets, about 5 p.m. or so, at Sunset park. Thanks. Rick.

Hey, Thanks Richard.

do you run boat there? I'll have to talk my brother into taking me there on that Saturday. :D

Wade,

Yeah I run boats here; I'm the one that bought that Hammerhead prototype a few years back, if you remember, from Martin Knox (Hammer) when he was in Japan. That boat runs killer, until I killed it. I then rebuilt it, had a friend repaint it, but I think he used some type of weak enamel, because everytime I wipe it down with any solvent, incl. rubbing alcohol, some of the paint strips away. I probably should have somebody go over it with some auto-grade clear. But it runs good, though. Beats gambling, most of the time. Saturday should be good turnout of boaters, but I will probably run on Sun., because thats when Im off. If you want give me a call on my cell when you go out there, I could probably meet you up (702) 510-9697. See Ya, Rick.

To get to the part of the lake the boaters use take Eastern Av off of Sunset Blvd go to "F" gate drive through the tunnel of xmas lights about two blocks you will see the pond on your left.

Thanks for the directions Hap. Now I am looking forward to the visit; something worthwhile to do. :D

Back