RC Boat Magazine - On Shelves 6/12/12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kip Tullos

Just saw this out there - For those of us who like print....check out www.rcboatmag.com - going to see if they have first issue out yet...

It's been out for a few weeks now as I already have one. It's a glossy version of RCBM and also has many of the same contributors, J.D., Rick Eyrich and Grimmie as a new one.

I heard about a year or so ago that there was a new one hitting the stands but that was all at the time.

The first issue has a LOT of FE boats, a few gassers but the nitro crowd is going to be disappointed. Whether or not there will be a second issue or more coming out will depend a lot on how sales go with this issue.

Can someone buy me one so I can contribute to the demand that is willing to ship it to Australia for me. I would like to get one while they are around and subscribe. I have a nearly complete collection of the old rcbm dating back to 87. I will pay you for your efforts!!

Thanks in advance,

Dion.

It's been out for a few weeks now as I already have one. It's a glossy version of RCBM and also has many of the same contributors, J.D., Rick Eyrich and Grimmie as a new one.

I heard about a year or so ago that there was a new one hitting the stands but that was all at the time.

The first issue has a LOT of FE boats, a few gassers but the nitro crowd is going to be disappointed. Whether or not there will be a second issue or more coming out will depend a lot on how sales go with this issue.
I got a copy last night - great to "hold" a RC boat magazine again - I used to make my mom drive me to the store to get anything rc boat! I agree w Ron, nitro not represented as well as it could/should be. Tons of potential...race coverage, photos, results...nitro/gas updates on technology & builds, etc, etc.. (They will need more than pro boat as an advertiser). Somebody hire a salesman!! Very glad to see it on shelves and will support it.

Dion - you can order a copy on the website above ....

My order is placed!! Hope they get the support!! Might have to hunt for the copies of the old collection that I am missing now so I have a complete collection. I love flicking through a mag!

Dion, I hope that you noted that it's from RC Driver, not the people at RC Car Action.

I miss having a magazine no matter how bad or good that it is. The Internet is great for instant news but miss the pulp. I can still get Marine Modeling Int'l but it's expensive and those Brit's talk funny! :D

Hi Ron, I ordered the one with the miss geico on the front from Maplegate publishing-this is what you mean? Shame I can't enter the comp for the speed controller-US residents only for that

Cheers,

Dion

Hello everybody .

Dion S., There is a chance that I may have some of the RC Boat Modeller magazines that you are missing . My collection is mostly from 1989 and sometimes more than 1 copy , but there might be some older magazines mixed in with them . Let me know if you are interested . However as other members have said , the articles are not as as they used to be .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Ian,

That would be great if you could help me out. I know I need:

Win 87

Spr 87

Jan 91

Feb 91

Sep 91

Mar 94

Apr 98

Aug 99

Oct 02

Dec 02

Feb 03

All 05

Win 06

Spr 06

Fal 06

Spr 07

Win 07

Sum 09

Fal 09

Spr 09

I may be missing a couple from 97. Gee I am glad I went through that collection already and had that list at the front of the collection!!

I too have a few doubles that could be used to trade for others.

Many thanks,

Dion

Hi Ian and tntcboatracer, just wondering if you guys had a chance to look through your collections to see if you had any of the mags I was looking for,

Many thanks in advance,

Dion.

Back