Radio selection

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark, futaba says 6 for reciever on 2.4 gig. why would you want to run 4.8 in a boat? 6 volt for more torque and speed, weight differance is minimal
Just what fits well in my radio box, no problems with torque or speed, or otherwise. I remember the B boat used to be

4.8 not too long ago? You guys were using.
mark,

we quit using 4.8 5 yrs ago

chris

mark, futaba says 6 for reciever on 2.4 gig. why would you want to run 4.8 in a boat? 6 volt for more torque and speed, weight differance is minimal
Just what fits well in my radio box, no problems with torque or speed, or otherwise. I remember the B boat used to be

Last edited by a moderator:

4 alkalines will fit where 4 nicads fit..........simple way to get 6 volts. or use a 5 cell pack like the truck & buggy guys. forget what size battery they are, look like minature c cells, or batteries for cameras. you'll want a 'hump pack', 2 cells on top of 3. that's what i did, fits where my 4 cell nicads went.

If you want to convert to 2.4 the Futaba 3PKS with the 2.4 FASST system is the ticket. The 3PKS will do 20 different named models and with the 603FS dual antenna (one internal, one external) RX's you'll have a great set up. I prefer Batteries America for my nihm battery packs, 5 cell 6 volt 2150 mah (Do not run 4.8v packs with the 2.4 systems). Been buying from them for years and the service has been excellent. B)
Hi Don,

Why do you say not to run 4.8v packs with 2.4 systems. Just curious? been runnin 2 boats this summer

on 4.8v.

Are you saying you are running Futaba 2.4 receivers on 4.8 volts? If so, it's against Futaba's published requirements for the receiver. From the 3PK manual, R603FS receiver: "Power requirement: 6V Nicd battery" and from the 3PM manual: "Always use R603FF under the following conditions:

Power supply: 6V NiCd battery"
by that... there are alot of people going against power requirements for them then. Everyone I personally know that is running the Futaba 2.4 is either using NIMH, or Lipo's like myself.

If you want to convert to 2.4 the Futaba 3PKS with the 2.4 FASST system is the ticket. The 3PKS will do 20 different named models and with the 603FS dual antenna (one internal, one external) RX's you'll have a great set up. I prefer Batteries America for my nihm battery packs, 5 cell 6 volt 2150 mah (Do not run 4.8v packs with the 2.4 systems). Been buying from them for years and the service has been excellent. B)
Hi Don,

Why do you say not to run 4.8v packs with 2.4 systems. Just curious? been runnin 2 boats this summer

on 4.8v.

Are you saying you are running Futaba 2.4 receivers on 4.8 volts? If so, it's against Futaba's published requirements for the receiver. From the 3PK manual, R603FS receiver: "Power requirement: 6V Nicd battery" and from the 3PM manual: "Always use R603FF under the following conditions:

by that... there are alot of people going against power requirements for them then. Everyone I personally know that is running the Futaba 2.4 is either using NIMH, or Lipo's like myself.
Yes, but there is a big difference between NIMH/LIPO vs NICAD and 4.8 vs 6.0 volts.

Hi Don,

on 4.8v.

Yes, but there is a big difference between NIMH/LIPO vs NICAD and 4.8 vs 6.0 volts.
since in my radio box room is a problem I use a 5 cell AAA's NiMH hump pack, they are no bigger than 4 NiMH AA's pack.

Pack Dimension is: L 1.74" x W 1.20" x H .76" and the batteries used are Elite.

not advertising, just showing my actual pack.

Dan.

Back