Radio question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

I tried another set of crystals in my Futaba 3PDF and R 123F 75mhz. I currently have Ch.65 in the TX and RX. I tried to switch to Ch.76, and it did nothing at all. Both sets are 75MHZ FM. Am I missing something somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know your radio...but I have done it in a 2pl with good and bad luck. It always worked...just a matter of whether you are losing range when the radio is not tuned for the crystal.

Anyhow, with that said, I am betting you got bad crystal(s). Because I think it would do SOMETHING, even if you were going to have range problems.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes...but if the radio is FM, you did put FM crystals in it right?? I don't think AM crystals will work in an FM

Sean

One of the crystals has to bad. You can change the frequency anywhere in the 75mhz band and still have it work. The only issue you will encounter is that the farther you go away from the radios original factory tuned frequency the less the range will be. Depending on the model and brand that might not be very much, to nothing at all. Regardless, the radio still will work with any 75 Megs crystal pair.

John

are your new crystal's futaba??, I know airtronic's only work with airtronic's and futaba with futaba and so, some radio's will work with other's, but, check if your new freq crystal's are of the same brand, you should have no problem using any channel, 61-90

if u can open the receiver.look inside and put the crystal in with receiver apart and try it.see if that works.i had a problem something like that when i first started in r.c cars.the receiver crystal was cracked inside.

Back