radio of choice

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles maley

whats the radio of choice for nitro boating.... some sort of four channel stick radio .. ? or what so i can operate a third needle

I run a wheel radio, Futaba 3PJS. It's an FM/PCM model with multiple model memory. It has 3 channels for rudder, throttle, and needle. The Futaba 3PK and Airtronics M8 and M11 are also good. There are also 3 channel wheel radios from JR, Hitec, and sevearl other manufacturers. But I would be be careful with the new spread spectrum radios (Spektrum) etc.

:) :) I like more comfort hands on my Super EXES Airtronics 2 sticks FM 27 or 75 MHZ with knob 3 needle B) :ph34r: I looked at Al Hobbs show new Futaba CV3 2 sticks PCM FM only 27MHZ with knob 3 needle but no dealer in north american so can u order through Ebay Good Luck :p

My second options: 2 sticks for great Hydro riggers or Sport Hydro can take all kinds boats

Pistol Grip wheel for great Monos or OPCs because kids can play with it

But you depend on feel to get comfort hands (size: big fingers or thin fingers) :lol: easy relax control :D

Last edited by a moderator:
While I learned to drive with a wheel radio I prefer a stick radio for boats. IMO throttle management is better with a stick. I use the Airtronics Super Exzes but will have a new Airtronics Exzes Plus soon. The Super Exzes is based on the M8 and does not save the 3rd channel setting with the model memory. The Exzes Plus is based on the M11 and stores all setting with the model memory as well as having mixing... Choice of radio is a very individual thing and there is no "right" answer.

I'm going to be puting a 3rd channel in my next boat. What I would like to know is this, what is the cheapest 3 channel, fm, pistol grip with easy access to a linear 3rd channel control..

I would like to have it under the wheel where some radios place trim functions already.

I do most of my running alone or with one or two people. I'm hopin bruce will be able to get out next year.

YOU TOO DON Templeton!!! I have a new desing too,... I want to see yours..I'm thinking of adding a center sponson so that I can maybe swing that monster prop like you....

By the way, I'd still like to get some of that fuel from you Don... Things just slowed up a bit.

I'm going to be puting a 3rd channel in my next boat. What I would like to know is this, what is the cheapest 3 channel, fm, pistol grip with easy access to a linear 3rd channel control..

I would like to have it under the wheel where some radios place trim functions already.
If you want a cheaper radio, then a Futaba 3PM would be a good choice. You can get the Tx and Rx for around $120 new.

If you want a cheaper radio, then a Futaba 3PM would be a good choice. You can get the Tx and Rx for around $120 new.
Like the boys a saying, I started with a two stick radio and used it for a few years, I now switch to a wheel radio.

not everyone likes or can use a wheel but the transition went well, I have acquired a used JR XS3 with receiver, 3 channel, 6 model memory, no crystals ( not spectrum ) on Ebay for $100.00 shipped.

Very happy, choices are personal.

I a a 75mhz Futaba 3PDF I'm about to run on ebay. It has a 3 model memory, and the 3rd channel adjustment is on your thumb on the handle. Do you need a receiver, too? Drop me a PM if you want to discuss.

I a a 75mhz Futaba 3PDF I'm about to run on ebay. It has a 3 model memory, and the 3rd channel adjustment is on your thumb on the handle. Do you need a receiver, too? Drop me a PM if you want to discuss.

cant really buy right now.. i have my hands tied.

im saying for later knowledge

Back