radio box tape

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

What are you guys using. Having problems with the clear packing tape I've been using.

Is it something I can get and not have to pay shipping on?

If you can't find any other tape like Prather's and seeing how you are in the Snow belt, try a hardware store that sells window sealing tape. I've been using this for a few years now. It's normally used for sealing widows during the winter to keep the cold out. Another alternative that I've tried but without a lot of luck is Hockey stick tape. It didn't stick well enough for me but the rolls that I bought looked pretty old.

I wonder if Jerry has tried this as he is a Zamboni driver and should have access to it.

Available from Climate Models. $2.99 for a big roll.

Hatch tape click here.

hatchtape.jpg

The best tape is the 3M tape that Bill McGraw at Rossisales sells. There are many different 3M tapes out there, but the one that Bill carries is the best. It's thin, and doesn't leave any residue.

Rossisales of America

Brian Blazer said:
Jay Stone said:
The best tape is the 3M tape that Bill McGraw at Rossisales sells.  There are many different 3M tapes out there, but the one that Bill carries is the best.  It's thin, and doesn't leave any residue. 
Rossisales of America

87699[/snapback]

3M all the way. I won't use anything else.

87700[/snapback]

Ditto on that, 3M tape is the shiznit. Also available from Aeromarine part no. #6026

Another good stuf you can try is J-Lar clear to the core from Permacel at Office Depot with same results that 3M.

Gill

Has anyone used the new clear duct tape ?? I have a small roll that I'm going to try... Not over paint though !!!

And the actual 3M part number for that tape is one of THE best kept secrets in the hobby world. <_< And don't think the number on the inside of roll is it, that's the batch number. :blink:

The actual part number is %*&%$(.......what the "F"????" When I tried to put it in my computer key board locks on to the Caps lock button...**** 3M police....their security is good..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess we'll never get it.. :ph34r:

I know the number to the 3M tape,,,,,,,,,,Would anyone care to purchase my secret :D ?

Ron

Mark Bullard sells the Lexan 3M tape for about 8.00 per Roll. Same Stuff as Rossisales. If you find him @ a race he normally has it. He is also on this board... ;)

Brian Blazer said:
PLEASE tell Ron!I will be your best friend!

Brian

87745[/snapback]

The number is *%&^#.

Wow 3M sure does have security on that number????

Naa this is the stuff here:

Brand: 3M

Style: 5

Type: Electrical tape

Description: Clear Polyester Film Tape with Oil-Compatibility, Acrylic Adhesive

And I didnt make a dime off of it, maybe I could get another William E LeFeber Award at this years Internats LOL

Happy Hunting! And please stay seated once you track down your regions supplier to get the price from them. I will be held harmless for any mishaps :blink:

Ron

Last edited:
I use the hocky tape and am not very impressed. It will keep water out unless it is submerged. I sank my boat for about 15 min and it did not work. other than that it has not had water inside.

I still have not tried 3m tape yet!

Latest posts

Back