Radio box tape

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Traufler

Supporting Member
Ok guys it has been a LONG time since I did boats, what is the clear tape used to seal up the radio box? I recall some kind of 3M product but that was a long time ago. Thanks,

Paul;

your name seems very familiar to me but i cannot place it for one reason or another.

were you ever in Mississippi?

carl

just to high jack the thread for a short time

how ya doing?

you still got the red and white Coyote 67 Twin?

Carl cisneros

just to high jack the thread for a short time

how ya doing?

you still got the red and white Coyote 67 Twin?

Carl cisneros
I remember you! It has been nearly 30 years! Doing fine, got married almost 25 years ago, have two daughters (24 and 29) so I have been busy!

Been away from all RC for almost 30 years now and looking at getting back in to it some. (Turns out here in Huntsville there is a big group of racers!) I have one boat now a Eagle SG .21, and I plan to get her running in the next few weeks and see how it goes from there.

How about you?

paul;

you can also get ahold of areomarine and get tape from them

www.areomarinerc.com

theirs id

$10.99 roll on their site.

Carl

I tried a roll of Bru-Line tape because a LHS had a roll and so what the heck, I'd try it. It's thin like the 3M but didn't seem to like water as it would get gooey. I've still got some rolls of Prather but I've also found some comparable to Prather tape at department stores that's used for sealing windows during the winter. One was twice as wide as usual but had a crease where I could slice it down the middle to make 2 rolls out of it.

the tape we use up here is hockey tape .It's the same stuff. the tape is used to hold up the hockey socks and it's way cheaper.

Go with the 3m from the supplier of your choice I tried the the hockey tape and i found it too thick and would leak at the overlap.If you test your radio boxes by submersing them in water and mlowing in the box through your antenna tube you will almost always see air bubbles.

Yes even if you use your thumb or fingernail to get the tape stuck down real well on the overlaps.Been there done that bought the T shirt.... :p

But the thin 3M stuff and do not look back.

Go with the 3m from the supplier of your choice I tried the the hockey tape and i found it too thick and would leak at the overlap.If you test your radio boxes by submersing them in water and mlowing in the box through your antenna tube you will almost always see air bubbles.

Yes even if you use your thumb or fingernail to get the tape stuck down real well on the overlaps.Been there done that bought the T shirt.... :p

But the thin 3M stuff and do not look back.
well i bought the tape from offshore electrics as hatch tape and this is what they sent me. renfrew hockey tape (made in canada)lol .I payed shipping to ship it back to canada,go figure. were would i get the the 3m stuff ,my lhs doesen't have any.

Back