Racing Rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark McCray

Theres nothing mentioned in the rule book concerning running a midnight race but since I know its been done before and will probably be done again real soon, I'm looking for your comments concerning rules for this event. What do you think?

Jim Irwin is one to talk to about that. He has been wanting to put one on for a few years now.

A lot would depend on how well lit the site would be. The buoys may have to be illuminated somehow and probably the boats too with some cyalume sticks, neon lights or even some scale-like lighting on them.

Man...that's insane :blink: , but I'd do it :D Come to think of it, house of color and alsa sell glow in the dark paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the good ole days with the Rivertown Racers, they held a "lights out race" for Halloween weekend. This was indoor ep offroad btw.. Rule was that the driver required a pit person to hold some type of light on the vehicle while driving the race course. Some used flashlights while others brought in headlights/auto battery.. Would this work??? :lol:

How about a full moon night? B) Guess there would have to be no clouds either :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll shutup now :D

Mark...

Last edited by a moderator:
Propjockey said:
http://www.glowinc.com/ B)
100806[/snapback]

Hi Everyone,

Here in NAMBA District 9 we have run night races after our Saturday race program.Boaters bring out an old "Beater boat" and attach six inch glow sticks taped to the sides of the hull near the transom and at the bow of the boat, so you can see it. One boater in our District equipped his boat with rotating red lights that he had "borrowed" from a kids toy police car! Sheets of bead block foam are used construct a small "BOX" to fit over each bouy at each turn. Small Xmas lights are wrapped and taped around the foam blocks on each bouy and AA Batteries are used to power them.The bouys are quite visible using this technique. Boats are normaly limited to A mono, A OPC and B opc. The "Hot Pits" are illuminated with flood lites for safety reasons, until all boats are on the water. Then the lights go out and.the fun begins! The first time I witnessed this event was at the Namba Nationals in Camarrillo, California in the mid nineties. It was a full moon night, and the Mono hulls out on the water looked like "Star Wars" Fighter space ships with the glow sticks and smoke coming out of the pipes! There was even one heat of "C" Mono that was awsome! At one of our "Night races" in particular the participants got bored running their "A" Monos in the standard right turn mode, and decided to run a figure 8 coarse. NOW that was fun to watch!! Gary.

The Gator Dodgers in Jacksonville, FL used to have open water on Friday and Saturday night ALL NIGHT LONG during the Memorial day race they used to have. They just rented four gas powered "stadium lights" and pointed them at the lake, it was almost the same as broad daylight.

Eric Canto

Back