Racing- Insane Or Y6?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank stielau

I am wanting to build a mono, and run some district 19 races. Which would be a better choice; the insane gen 3, or the rc boatworks Y6?

I would say Y-6 and set up per Ron Buck. Not mentioned but Cal Craft by Lenny Blake is a great boat as well I ran one years ago and it really handled well. Currently running a Rico Offshore and like that as well all boats are manufactured great and good support from builder/racers.

Insane or Y6 you ask? I have 6 Y6's.

One with a Ron Buck modified Zenoah

One with a Quickdraw HT 25

One with a Quickdraw 25 Pioneer

One with a Quickdraw HiRev 25 rear exhaust

One with a Tiger King 27

One with a Quickdraw Pioneer 30.5

And I want another one for an old RC 230 Zenoah for my 8 year old grandson

I used yo run Insanes but I like the way the Y6's handle better. The Insane just looks too light on the water to suit me.

Oh yeah, Cal Craft is a good boat too.

No I don't think that's the way you spell it . I just checked the IMPBA website for records held in speed and oval. It definitely said SEADUCER.

No I don't think that's the way you spell it . I just checked the IMPBA website for records held in speed and oval. It definitely said SEADUCER.
Out here they're called Seadoucher because they do the submarine thing. They'll be running along at high speed and all of a sudden it looks like they think there's a better way around the coarse. Just like someone gave them the command, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE. And all of a sudden, they are gone. Please bear in mind, I'm talking about boats that were running in 2002, 3 and 4. They may have changed my now, but no one in district 19 runs them any more.

Carlo has one fine looking mono on facebook. If I were a mono guy esp a gas guy id have one in my stable

One with a Tiger King 27

I used yo run Insanes but I like the way the Y6's handle better. The Insane just looks too light on the water to suit me.

Wow Steve -- I had no idea you have that many mono,s with all those engine,s -- that,s a lot of hardwear

I see you have signed up for some race,s but never show up ??

One with a Tiger King 27

Wow Steve -- I had no idea you have that many mono,s with all those engine,s -- that,s a lot of hardwear

I see you have signed up for some race,s but never show up ??
Henry, hush up. Frank, Y6 mono with Ron Buck running gear.

I have 1 Seaducer 47" and 2 Y-6's. I like the speed of the Y-6's better. The Seaducer does well to but that is with a 29.5. My thought is that the Seaducer is a bigger boat so a larger motor helps it out.

Back