Racing in Alabama?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron B

Does anyone race in alabama or real close ? Ive been racing cars till our local track closed ,now im building boats again. The only place I found was Huntsville but it doesnt apear they race anymore there.

Does anyone race in alabama or real close ? Ive been racing cars till our local track closed ,now im building boats again. The only place I found was Huntsville but it doesnt apear they race anymore there.
Yes there is a group of very talented boaters around Montgomery (David Hall and Carl Van Houten to name a couple), Doc Turner is in Birmingham, Mark Bullard, Bill Zuber (the current president of IMPBA) and John Equi are around Huntsville. These are all GREAT guys and very good boaters.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Ron,

We quit hosting races here we just didn't have enough local help with all of the equipment. We still host IMPBA sanctioned records trials and have practice sessions too. If you e-mail me your contact information I'll be glad to include you when we have something going on here. We do travel to Durant, MS, Evansville,IN, and down to a few club event in LA area like New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Slidell, and New Iberia Sometimes even over to Atlanta. What type of boat ar you building ?

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

[email protected]

256-684-2995

Building a .67 outrigger right now. looking to buld a .21 mono after that.
Ron where do you live in Al.? WE practice at times at Lake Logan Martin and occasionally in Huntsville. Please give me a call 205-967-5712. I race actively from Canada to Slidell Lousiana,20 40 60 90 and twin hydros. Also have a f-mono and am now building a sport 20 hydro. A scale is on the bench waiting to be built. Gary

I live in tuscaloosa. Hoping to get some intrest in boating around here since our track closed.

I have a 67 outlaw outrigger and a 21 speedmaster mono I run regularly at our pond.

Shoot me an e-mail and I will give you David's contact information he is a very good boater and machinist and is in real tight with Rod Gerhaty so he is always doing something with engines.

Bill Zuber

Back