R/C Trucks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Just started racing at a local indoor track,sucks to run dead last. But its fun and im learning how to drive all over again.....SC10

Mikey,

I dont anymore but did for many many years.. I started in 1985 and raced until up to and around 4 years ago..

When my eye took a crap so did my driving!

I won my first race and it was on to the "NEW" RC 10 after that.. My first race was in Wausau WI at a place called the Train Stop.. It was a 10cent off road course cut into the back yard behind the building. It was a free for all.. 2WD, 4WD.. it did not matter.. just race it!

I still have a new Tamiya Rough Rider in the box at home.. Around 1982 vintage!

Have fun

Grim

WELLLL...since we're talkin back in the day..... :) Back in the early 80s thru the 90s, i did a BUNCH of R/C car racin locally, all electric back then...started with an RC12e road car, then the Tamiya buggies, RC 10s, TQ10s, and Pan cars.....around here there was organized racing all over the place and one could race 3 or 4 times a week....paved ovals, dirt ovals, road course, off road, even drag racing! There was even a track near Orlando called Whipporwill raceway, which was a paved trioval kinda like a minature Daytona Speedway and the racing was FAST! Used transponders to score the cars..those were AWESOME times! I forgot how much i missed it! :)

A few pics of what ive got left from "back in the day" :) ....... Ancient Tamiya buggy, dont remember which one it is.....L to R....RC10 pan car, TQ10, RC10L oval car....2 Nissan GTP car bodies, Funny car body from the straight line days all 1/10th scale....GOD! Im such a HOBBY PACKRAT! :D

yep me to

raced 1/10 scale pan cars.. 1/10 off road buggie.. mainly oval.. ran anything from a trinity relex ( way back ) to the custom works intimiator and dominator 4wd

been all over, from indiana to iowa.. lots of fun. learned alot.. BUT the one thing i don't miss is racing against pro drivers.. because no matter how good you are.. no matter how good your stuff is, there co backed batteries, motors and cars are better..

but i did learn ALOT from cars and still wouldn't mind getting back into it someday

chris

Chris,

I can not believe you still subscribe to that thought!

First its skill.. then the money comes in... You aint getting a dime if you can not drive... Peroid!

Grim

When I was 13 I saved up for my first RC car. The Super Champ. Runnng the gold box wheel. It was the first wheel on the market. Soon after, I learned that they were racing them. That started my life in RC. I remember pestering my dad to take me to the track. I could of spent all day there. That was 29 years ago. Man that was fun. Now my boy is pestering me, "When are we going to the track????"

Mike

Chris,

I can not believe you still subscribe to that thought!

First its skill.. then the money comes in... You aint getting a dime if you can not drive... Peroid!

Grim

Grim

I didn't say anything about driving.. just the fact that you can be a great driver and it is hard to compete with pro guys.. at least back when i raced it was..

now take in mind that was in the era of nicad packs and certain date codes.. brushed 27 turn motors and mod motors ect.. now with brushless.. it might be a whole new ball game

didn't mean to ruffle any feathers man.

chris

Super Champ!.. nice!
THANKS GRIM!....I just couldnt remember....okay, was the Sand Scorcher the VW buggy, or the Dune Buggy with the clear plastic radio box? that was the first car i got...used to tape the box and run the car in the rain into water puddles so deep, all you see was the ANTENNA!...Looked like a SUB! :D :D dont remember the radio bits ever failing by doing that nonsense! :)

Chris,,

Its hard to beat "mad skills" man.. thats all. Factory money does not even come in to play untill you see they have "it".. People like me were just B team drivers.. Not great at all.. Just keep showing up for more punishment!

Kyle Stacy

Jared Tebo

Jason Koll

They can be beat but its takes more mad skills to do it.

Grim

Chris,,

Its hard to beat "mad skills" man.. thats all. Factory money does not even come in to play untill you see they have "it".. People like me were just B team drivers.. Not great at all.. Just keep showing up for more punishment!

Kyle Stacy

Jared Tebo

Jason Koll

They can be beat but its takes more mad skills to do it.

Grim
I think those guys had a usb hooked to there brain. That was before we knew wut a usb was

travis/jr. & i got into 1/10 scale off road when he was about 8 or 9. still have a tamiya grasshopper with the parma suspension upgrade kit & my kyosho ultima. we've been rc nuts ever since. i currently have a traxxas revo 3.3 & a duratrax nitroquake, jr. has a traxxas jato 3.3. just for fun, haven't raced off road rc in prolly 25+ years.

IMAG0160.jpg

The one on the left is the most popular class at our local indoor track. They are 1/10 scale electric 2wd. We had 36 of them last week. The one on the right has a novarossi .12 in it! We are having a blast! Great people and tough, tough competition. We are entering a team IMPBA in next months enduro race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back