Quet End Cap

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetpack

I thought this was kinda neat and like to share it. I'm wondering how well it works and how they came up with the tuning of it.

I would like to see the pipe it fits.

Does anyone have any cut-away views of different kinds of quiet pipes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on a second Jet PacK, I'll run all my quiet pipes thru my bandsaw-NOT! Seriously I have Mac, Irwin and cooper & AB quiet pipes and most have a pea shooter size baffel in them- I think the 13CC Mac has a baffel with a radial hole pattern drilled in it-not sure. If you try to peek thru a Irwin or Cooper Quiet pipe -no daylight at all-but they seem to work. There was a post on the AB 45 parabolic pipes a few day's ago.

Glenn

laugh.gif

Yeah I got this .21 Rossi I\B quiet pipe where you look through and see a star shape slit and folded before the outer shell that holds the final stinger.

Another one is this old 11cc KB flat-backed pipe with just a louvered outlet on the outer shell well up near the large part.

hey Jet;

that is the K&B 7.5 cc pipe. not a bad pipe really

The Webra pipe that the silencing section you are showing there consists of nothing more

than a standard pipe as far as the front end is concerned. from the high point of the pipe, it just goes STRAIGHT BACK

to the part you have in your picture. no converging cone. they worked ok.

Carl

Hi Carl.

It sounds like there's only one type/size of my pipe and you called it. That's good to know because I was just going by the inlet diameter to other pipes I have. Seemed to be more of a larger displacement pipe to me but I'm a newbie.

Mine if you take out the three pan head machine screws in the machined backplate you would see a standard pipe. The louvers are stamped in the straight can that is put over it, and the grill formed about a one inch patch. I'll try and find it for a pic.

I had wondered if that Webra pipe was just a single cone going straight back like you describe. I can's see it being built like the KB with the stinger inside. Wonder if that's what Volkswagens had, I remember the chrippy exhaust like lots of wind whistling.

jet, if you're talking about the old air cooled beetles, no.what looked like the muffler was actually just a hollow collector. the muffling was done by the 2 chrome tail pipes, as they were glasspacks. worked on them for many years.

Robin I remember seeing a large tank on the exhaust of the Beetles and thats where I thought maybe the maze of sonic tubing/tuning hid out. Never knew they just used slip-ons as the only muffler and you never knew what they were up to with engineering at that time. I could never find a bandsaw large enough to cut one in half to find out.
laugh.gif

Rod's webpage he gave shows it can be critical to set size and a different twin baffle plate arrangement. I couldn't skip to the home or other pages though I always wonder about my computer.

Edit - remembered how to back up in the address bar. Those pipes they have look really nice.

Robin I remember seeing a large tank on the exhaust of the Beetles and thats where I thought maybe the maze of sonic tubing/tuning hid out. Never knew they just used slip-ons as the only muffler and you never knew what they were up to with engineering at that time. I could never find a bandsaw large enough to cut one in half to find out.
laugh.gif

Rod's webpage he gave shows it can be critical to set size and a different twin baffle plate arrangement. I couldn't skip to the home or other pages though I always wonder about my computer.

Edit - remembered how to back up in the address bar. Those pipes they have look really nice.
http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

take a look at the free technical stuff heading

Great website there. The free technical listing is hours of good stuff. Thanks for posting!

Back