Question for the rigger guru's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken turmon

I am building a .45 FF rigger. 6s. castle 1717 motor plus a rather large 280a esc. Im starting to get concerned about the weight cause I know this hull was designed for nitro. Is there any changes I need to make to the boat for this fe setup?. Im pretty much at the point where it would have to be done now. Would slightly wider ride pads help? Will the sponsons need to be set up differently? Any help would be usefull since its my first rigger.

Ken I don't know much about your convertion to Fe but I can tell you to pay a special attention to the CG of your boat as is crucial to have it running good due to the weight of your components.Make sure it floats too as I 've seen some guys diving after their converted nitro/fe boats.I'm running a Jae Fe on 6S and it is fast in the stock form so I don't think you have to mod your sponsons but use solid boom rods if they are hollow ones.About props: keep them small like from 40 to 45mm and see how your boat handles.Mine is running high 80's turning a 1450 reduced to 44mm and cupped 3,5. I think your motor and esc are good for 6S so go ahead with your project.Gill .

Thanks. I see you've got a lot more rigger experience than me...he he . High 80's sounds pretty good to me.. :rolleyes:

The FF will be a good platform to build upon, and should easily accomplish what you seek... straight, square and true brother.... First. Follow the plans and youll be in there.... electric, well... I built a pair of nitro 45's years ago..... i havent any idea on the weight distribution youll encounter, theres plenty of room to engineer.... take your time... Mike

The FF will be a good platform to build upon, and should easily accomplish what you seek... straight, square and true brother.... First. Follow the plans and youll be in there.... electric, well... I built a pair of nitro 45's years ago..... i havent any idea on the weight distribution youll encounter, theres plenty of room to engineer.... take your time... Mike
Thanks I figured the FF was a safe choice. I've taken my time with this build. I had hoped to have it in the water a while ago but if i'm learning anything about FE is rushing a boat to get it on the water usually ends in disaster. I'm confident that i got everything right during the build. Just installed drive line and motor mount. Sponsons are primed and ready for paint. Waiting on some carbon fiber for battery and esc tray's. Shouldnt be too much longer now.

Thanks Ken wish you have lot of fun with your new toy.Let us follow your progress.Gill

Latest posts

Back