question about villian

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracy linder

im going to order a villian in a couple of weeks. I have one question is this boat a wood over foam. also I have built a hot shot sprint about 10 years ago would this kit be similar in construction.

ive never built a villain but i can say the center section is WOF and partially pre built for you. the sponsons are not WOF

Tracy,

If you've build a Hot Shot, you shouldn't have any problems building the Villain. I've build both, even had something to do with the design of one of them.

Jerry D.

Tracy,

Jerry D. is right. You will not have any problems building this boat if you have construction experience. There is a very nice article on the boat in the June 2003 issue of RC Boat Modeler magazine.

The manual is nicely laid out and the CD has nice additional pictures. If you have any questions, just post them on this forum and many are available to help.

Bryan

I second that Mike!

JT hope all your schooling is going well for you? My Villain is definately coming along! almost up to putting it all together ;)

I am slow, but hey...i gotta try and make it look right :)

Kris

--Thanks Mike! ;)

Kris,

There's not a thing wrong with taking pride in your work! Take all the time you need, bro.

Jeffro

JT,

Loved the Sabbath reference in the article - I thought I was the only one that did that! he he he!

One question though - why not send the article to Tom and put it on this site - home of the Villain forum?

You mean send it to Tom Moorehouse, right? To put it on the featured articles section?

That would be up to Tom: I simply emailed the finished article to him, and he makes all the decisions from there.

But I did revise the article a little by adding 4 or 5 more pics and some extra commentary.

The link is on the "Assembling your first Villain S1" topic, about 4th post down.

The newer revision is on rcboat.com, and it's a bigger download.

Back