Question about a sport 40 boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Herzog

OK, I'm new to this sight but not new to the hobby.

My question is this...

I want to build a sport forty hydro that is legal for both NAMBA and IMPBA. Is there any differents in the rules for the two organazations. I have the IMPBA rule book and am waiting to get the NAMBA rules.

One other question I had was in the IMPBA rule book it states that the back of the strut can not go past the transom. Does this include the drive dog, prop and prop nut? In other words, can the prop be past the transom?

Hell, while I'm at it! I have seen some of the sport forties run already, is anyone farmilular with or has seen the Aeromarine sport forty at a race? How did it do? Any tips?

Thanks,

C Herzog

In IMPBA, no part of the strut can extend behind the transom. This means that it is ok for the drive dog, prop and nut to be behind the transom. NAMBA rules are the same as IMPBA in this respect.

The Aeromarine is a fair hull. In my opinion, it is a little too narrow for heat racing. The top Sport 40's out there today are the RC Marine, AC Models, Mutt 2 and Betke Blizzard. If you are planning to race, stick with one of these 4. My favorite is the RC Marine.

Have Fun .................... Randy

Thanks Randy,

I am famililar with the A/C Boat and the R/C Boat and yes they are good boats. I just would just like to experiment with the Aeromarine hull a little.

My main intrest is with the set-up regarding the rules between NAMBA and IMPBA. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

C Herzog

I think The Aeromarine is a good start for you. Maybe when you get the hang of it you could step up to the AC model. ;D

Hi Doug.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the MTO as I've never seen one run in the 12 years I've been into this hobby. Up here in IMPBA Districts 1 and 2 (which are popular Sport 40 districts) they are unknown to most.

If you want to ship me one up to start spreading the word, I'll gladly accept. ;)

Thanks ................. Randy

Back