putty ramp in crank of intake

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

many of the new car engines have an epoxy ramp that makes the path of fuel/air to the engine a smoother route.

I'm thinking of trying this in an engine, adding it myself that is. Do you guys have thoughts on this? I was thinking I would make it from JB weld and microbaloons, mostly microbaloons to keep the balance from going way out. I'm thinking of a small addition. Just enough to fill the "forward square section" in the crank.

I've seen lots of engines with a ramp like thing there. What do you think about trying this?

I've seen .21 cranks with delrin pressed in for the ramp. And other epoxy types that deteriorate after a while with fuel and afterrun.

RJ

don't waste your time.. we used to do it.. jb weld cracks and breaks.. silicone will not hold up..

for the little you may or may not gain it isn't worth the time.. you can gain more with props or other motor work than that will ever do..

now if someone would build a crank with it milled into it....

i never did get that.. they spit these out on a cnc and the extra few mins of machine time is nothing..

but what do i know

chris

don't waste your time.. we used to do it.. jb weld cracks and breaks.. silicone will not hold up..
for the little you may or may not gain it isn't worth the time.. you can gain more with props or other motor work than that will ever do..

now if someone would build a crank with it milled into it....

i never did get that.. they spit these out on a cnc and the extra few mins of machine time is nothing..

but what do i know

chris
The newer os engines have them built right in..

Don't waste your time with J-B weld or silicone.Turn a delron plug and press it in .I have one in my MAC and it's holding up real well.Has been in that engine for 3 years now.

Dave Roach

Latest posts

Back