Push rod seals which ones boaters like the best?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have done a poll on this.

I've tried the Bru-Lines, Du-Bro's and Aeromarine's but I like the first one best. Some seem to work better in different applications so I've been known to mix them on a boat.

Prather silicone seals. I've tried them all & they are THE best in my opinion. Plus you use silicone to glue them on so they are reuseable. B)

Steering:

Prather

Dubro, but toss the flange and use a piece of brass tube with a wire tie (easier, faster)

prather, 707 example

Throttle & third channel:

Nylon Pushrods with large silicone tubing on the end to seal

707 & Prather are good but require more attention to alignment

Ny rod example

Preston_Hall said:
Steering:707

Prather

Dubro, but toss the flange and use a piece of brass tube with a wire tie (easier, faster)

prather, 707 example

Ny rod example

108158[/snapback]

Hey P man, I think you need your pipe shorter! :eek:

Aeromarine

Drill a hole, superglue them in, done and water tight. Less resistance on the pushrod too. B)

Steering:

Prather

prather, 707 example

Ny rod example
Preston,

The ny-rod set up is awsome very smooth and low friction(good for small servos). Do you do anything special to the groves in the inner rod?

Mike

I like the baby pet nipples and they fit inside the Bru Line seal holder. Another good seal is the rubber from inside of a syreing (sp). They don't have a hole in them so you can make it any size you want for your application.

Can you please tell me where to get the black 707 specialties seals? Thanks, Jay.

I like the baby pet nipples and they fit inside the Bru Line seal holder. Another good seal is the rubber from inside of a syreing (sp). They don't have a hole in them so you can make it any size you want for your application.
Hey, I love those baby pet nipples, 0 friction and not alinghment sensitive. I wish some one could make them out of silicone. I just took them off my boat because they disolved from something I used for cable lube. Still have one on the rudder.

Mike

Hey, I love those baby pet nipples, 0 friction and not alinghment sensitive. I wish some one could make them out of silicone. I just took them off my boat because they disolved from something I used for cable lube. Still have one on the rudder.

Mike
They do come in silicone.

I like the Aeromarine Seals for 4/40 Rods. Just drill the hole large enough so that you can push them into the first bellow. A layer of CA inside the bellow groove, slip it in and hit em' with some kicker and walla, they are sealed on both sides of the Radio Box ;)

Back