PT Lobster 1/8 Scale Prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Johnstone

Hi all. I recently acquired a PT lobster boat, what is a starting point for this boat as far as a prop is concerned? It has a 450 on it at the moment which seems small compared to my other scale boat but as this is a different hull type not sure. Any tips greatly appreciated. Cheers

Pretty sure Kevin runs an X-460-3 blade on his here in Canada. Won the last race.

I ran an X460/3 on the one I had and it worked well.
default_smile.png

I suggest that you look for a 62X80 ABC. Andy can cut it down just alittle bit and it is the best 1/8 Scale prop that I have ever seen.

By far the best prop that I ever ran on my Miss Vernors. The 60X78 was not nearly as good as the slightly cut down 62X80. I think that prop is not available anymore from ABC, but you probably could find one someplace. Actually, I remember telling you about that prop when you were down. here.
default_dry.png

Last edited by a moderator:
By far the best prop that I ever ran on my Miss Vernors. The 60X78 was not nearly as good as the slightly cut down 62X80. I think that prop is not available anymore from ABC, but you probably could find one someplace. Actually, I remember telling you about that prop when you were down. here.
default_dry.png
Yeh Marty, you sure did. That is what is and has been on there for a bit now.

Was when I was down there last year

default_dry.png
marty,

please tell me the exact diameter of your cut down 62X80 ?

thank you,

dave w.

Contact Don Ferrette , he set the oval record with his a few years back.

Tim K

Back