PS….just a quick post.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izitbrokeyet?

I've noticed this place has lost lots of momentum.

You guys better start trying to start encouraging the posts of the likes of Tim D, Don F, Andy B, Preston H, Frank O. Dick T., John F., Jim A. (no particular order and many left out) who have contributed to the spirit of good competition and to the technology of tiny 2-strokes. Seriously, this forum will die out if you don’t participate and have fun.

I wrote much more, but it had a negative slant so I wrote this sentence instead since the above states it more succinctly.

Seize the fun while you can. I’m not bitter…I had fun while I played, my only hope would be that the haters in this hobby would not stifle any of the new contributors.

I'm on my last few posts in here...so....making them count.

per

Adios fer now,

KB

Last edited by a moderator:
HMM wonder why it's not so busy here lately? Have you looked outside? Do you know that the IMPBA Internats are going on? and the NAMBA Nats are next week. Maybe everyone is out running their stuff instead of just talking about it. Lighten up it will get busy again in the fall. Until then go out and run some boats.

Ummmmm.........this would be a good time for an AMEN Brutha

"HMM wonder why it's not so busy here lately? Have you looked outside? Do you know that the IMPBA Internats are going on? and the NAMBA Nats are next week. Maybe everyone is out running their stuff instead of just talking about it. Lighten up it will get busy again in the fall. Until then go out and run some boats."

What happened to you man? Why don't you do boat anymore?

I've noticed this place has lost lots of momentum.

You guys better start trying to start encouraging the posts of the likes of Tim D, Don F, Andy B, Preston H, Frank O. Dick T., John F., Jim A. (no particular order and many left out) who have contributed to the spirit of good competition and to the technology of tiny 2-strokes. Seriously, this forum will die out if you don’t participate and have fun.

I wrote much more, but it had a negative slant so I wrote this sentence instead since the above states it more succinctly.

Seize the fun while you can. I’m not bitter…I had fun while I played, my only hope would be that the haters in this hobby would not stifle any of the new contributors.

I'm on my last few posts in here...so....making them count.

per

Adios fer now,

KB

Kevin

What exactly do you mean by -lost momentum?

I noticed that you are posting not much lately.

I always liked your expertise.

What I see is that everybody is helping eachother on problems, on gathering info and getting them the parts they need.

On the other hand, newbies are jumping in and just start asking questions without being fully aware of the info that is already at this forum

When I am at work and haven't checked in on the forum I sometimes have the feeling I missed a great deal.

So the momentum is there I guess.

PS, through this forum I have met really nice people and thats also worth something to me, incl you.

Regards Ronald.

always slower this time of year..... plus the internats....

according to our stats our bandwith usage shows we are about average.

Kevin, we're still in here and things aren't rowdy like they used to be. No big wild discussions on dB rules or where to stick a strut at on Sport 40's or other stuff.

You haven't been on much lately to rattle some cages as you kept things lively, I miss seeing you posting! :)

Got any ideas for a good carb for those lame little Dynamite .32's? I've got people looking for a good one to replace the stock carb. I could sell a truckload of them for you.

Kevin, we're still in here and things aren't rowdy like they used to be. No big wild discussions on dB rules or where to stick a strut at on Sport 40's or other stuff.

You haven't been on much lately to rattle some cages as you kept things lively, I miss seeing you posting! :)

Got any ideas for a good carb for those lame little Dynamite .32's? I've got people looking for a good one to replace the stock carb. I could sell a truckload of them for you.
Ron,

What boats are the Dynamite .32's runing in?

Not to argue with Tom, But I'll beg to differ.......

As far as bandwidth usage yea, But most times its visitors outnumbering members.........I've been keeping up just reading along but havent said much.

The forum is not NEAR what is used to be as far as new topics, conversation, or just plain fun.

Just compairing to the way things were.......To present..... Dont hold a candle <_<

Gene B)

They're running in the ProBoat Shockwave 36's and their new Thunder Cat's. I'm not much of a ProBoat fan as the things break a lot of parts, mostly the stock flex cables, but when I saw the T-Cat's run, I was kind of impressed, not enough to run out and buy one though but not bad for a $350.00 RTR boat. With a little tweaking they are getting up to around 40 MPH but with a better carb, it might go a little faster.

I'm trying to get the size of the bore in the carb boss on the block to see what might fit.

I've had people asking about putting a .45 in them but it would take some major reworking to put for instance a MAC into it with a big radio box in the way. Most of these people are on budgets so a low cost alternative carb is what they'd need.

Not to argue with Tom, But I'll beg to differ.......

As far as bandwidth usage yea, But most times its visitors outnumbering members.........I've been keeping up just reading along but havent said much.

The forum is not NEAR what is used to be as far as new topics, conversation, or just plain fun.

Just compairing to the way things were.......To present..... Dont hold a candle <_<

Gene B)

the races and results page is the busiest ive ever seen it.... it's just the season for real racing/family/other hobbies, wait till october and we will be keyboard racing like crazy again.

maybe extremarine will sign up again and have some fun :)

Andy, here's the numbers that I got:

Dynamite .32 Stock Carb’s Base

Intake Diameter (Top): .290 thousandths 7.36 mm

Inner Diameter (Base): .315 thousandths 8.00 mm

Outer Diameter (Base): .550 thousandths 13.97 mm

Sorry about getting O-T.

If you think this forum is slowing. Take a look over at the invalueable rcboat.com Its all but stopped. Rumrunner isnt much better. Id have to guess Jims Dock is the most happinin with many newbies and intlwaters second.

RCgroups airplane folk seem to always have a challenge, contest , or group build going on. Maybe something along those lines would liven things up. But boats are a bit different than foamies.

Most of RCG are scale ship builders. If you post in the wrong forum, there is always someone there to chew them out.

It's too bad that RCBoat.com is going downhill. It used to be a great site full of very technical info, most of it too much for the Average Joe Boater.

I'm a Mod on another boating forum site but I don't talk about that place outside of there but I still spend a lot of time in here as this site will always be my favorite. Yes, I'm very busy over there but most of the threads are on RTR boats. Here, we have builders! :)

to make good Chili....ya gotta stir the pot :)

adios for now...........I figure I'll post about 3-4 more times in here before I'me done

Ron,

I've gotta say....you're in good hands

KB

Back