Prop Technicalities

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gene (?), For all the pics,,Do you cut all these props by eyeball or do you use a measuring device??

I'm starting to digest all this information and my mind is really Whirrling. Most of the props look like 3.5 props,

I was wondering if anybody had a shot of a 1455 Octura that would give my Sport 40-II a little more life at higher

altitude? At sea level the boat is at full speed right around half up our track,(course) and at 500ft it pulls the whole

straight,,same place, 85 degrees,,,it's a Freakin' Dog. Changed pipe lengths and I don't see any diff,,I'm wonderin'

if That, does anything,,,Pipe lengths from 10 3/8ths to 11 1/8th. Engine is newer Picco, (not much time on it) 45, Drum

Rotor,,BlackHead,,,Phil Thomas SS 45.

Thanks for all Your help,,,It's A Great Help. Jerry

Jerry,

Try a Barr cut or back cut. If that doesn't work then reduce the diameter a little at a time.

Tim.

Thanks Tim, How's the weather "Down Under?",,Startin' to get better here. Yeah,,ya know when ya really look at these 1455,s

(3 Blades mostly), there seems to be alota extra junk on these props, on the trailing edge near the hub,,a place that is really

thick,, But their tounge is not all that extreme,,So yeah, I'd say your probably right. I have an X452 3 blade that my engine

really seem's to "Hate",, the ass of the boat jumps all over the place and the motor is "Yah Yahin'" it jut plain Hates it,,

I'm gonna do it too as I could probably use the lift a some time. The 1455's I like alot, the acceleration is Awesome,,They

seem to like being Pointed Straight Back.

Thanks for the tip Tim.

Jerry, All I use is a stainless steel ruler, Just measure each blade and only remove a little at a time till you get it the way ya want,

Gene :D

Jerry and Gene,

Buy yourself a digital caliper,they are only $30.00 and they are great for

many other uses. You can do a lot with them. I use mine everyday to

measure and match propellers blades. :) That is the key to performance.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm a "Rule Of Thumb" Guy Too Gene , I like That. I've already Back cut a X452 and brought the Tounge back a little..

Looks pretty good,,it's gonna be Hot this weekend in the valley,,I'll test the "X" in the middle of the day and work up a 1455

tonite and the next nite and I'll get back to you guy's and let ya know what happened,,around Monday.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back