Prop Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griz2575

How do you decide what prop to start with on a boat? I am new to boating and I was just wondering

Well I have a 18tz miss vegas and an jae 12 rigger with a super tigre 18, but I was wondering if there is a rull of thumb to start with.

My Rule of thumb is to always start with a bone stock (just sharpened/balanced) small prop. Its obviously different for the application, but a baseline prop that should be easy to run. See how it runs. You should know pretty quickly if you can handle/need more pitch or diameter. Once you find the best all around prop, then start shortening the pipe ;)

Jr.

My Rule of thumb is to always start with a bone stock (just sharpened/balanced) small prop. Its obviously different for the application, but a baseline prop that should be easy to run. See how it runs. You should know pretty quickly if you can handle/need more pitch or diameter. Once you find the best all around prop, then start shortening the pipe ;)

Jr.
Awesome thanks :D

Latest posts

Back