Prop info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscrash

Supporting Member
I am new to model boating and I am trying to understand prop differences. My sport 40 is recommended to use a 1455 prop. But while trying to study the octura prop chart, I noticed there is no difference in the dimensions and the material of construction between the 1455 and the x455. Can anyone tell me the difference?

chriscrash said:
I am new to model boating and I am trying to understand prop differences.  My sport 40 is recommended to use a 1455 prop.  But while trying to study the octura prop chart, I noticed there is no difference in the dimensions and the material of construction between the 1455 and the x455.  Can anyone tell me the difference?
107072[/snapback]

The x series props produce a lot less lift and are better suited to monos and cats. The 14xx props are lifting props suitable for riggers and hydros. In general a 14xx prop will work on the boat it will be faster than the equivalent x prop.

Brian MAhoney said:
chriscrash said:
I am new to model boating and I am trying to understand prop differences.  My sport 40 is recommended to use a 1455 prop.  But while trying to study the octura prop chart, I noticed there is no difference in the dimensions and the material of construction between the 1455 and the x455.  Can anyone tell me the difference?
107072[/snapback]

The x series props produce a lot less lift and are better suited to monos and cats. The 14xx props are lifting props suitable for riggers and hydros. In general a 14xx prop will work on the boat it will be faster than the equivalent x prop.

107101[/snapback]

If you are running a Phil Thomas sport 40 a stock 1455 will hop,better to start with a stock x450 unless you can find someone with a mod 1455........Mikey

If I were you, I would go to www.props4u.com. You can contact Mark. I am recently dealing with him and he is a great guy. Tell him what boat you have and motor and i'm sure he will find the perfect matching prop. It is worth the money to have him prep the prop for you. If you have issues with the one he sends, he will rework it or give you a different one to try. I am new to sport 40 and I didnt want to take a chance doing a prop myself. Give him a call. He is very knowledgable and doesnt talk to you like your bugging him. Great guy. My ac pro 40 II is almost painted and I cant wait to get it on the water. The prop he recommended for an ops .46 stock motor was an octura x1455. Good luck.

Back