prop help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dale

when balanceing a prop should you remove matereal from the hub of the prop,when the heavy blade fall to the bottom of my balancer were should i begin the prop i'm doing is 90 % done all polished but heavy end still falls down ,it's close but i no it should be better ,actura 1450 ???

Dale,

I remove material from the back side of the blade that is heavy. I know some guys drill the hub, but I think it's easier to remove it from the blade.

Jerry D.

Dale,

When i am doing my props, I do the filing, and when i am at the point where i am going to polish it, i try and balence it then, then polish it, then recheck the balence of it. then sand on the heavy blade at the widest part, to bring back into balence. it doesnt take much then.

Thanks for your help,im sure you mean the outside of the blade ???if i remove materail from the other side i'll mess up the pitch ???by thicker part i asume you mean the trailing edge area.thanks from what i understand then is the thickness of each blade won't afect the prop i'm sure it's not perfect from the factory. should the prop balance at any spot on the balancer with out moving ???Iv been doing this for two years but the prop balancing seams to give me the hardest time.just lots of practice i gess..

I answered my own questions ,with a little sanding and patience my prop came out fine,stopping were ever i turned it. Thanks for your tips ,i just had to think alittle then do it. 8)

Back