PROP FOR SMALL MONO????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RANK

I HAVE A BBY OFFSHORE FIBERGLASS HULL 21 INCHS LONG 6 INCHS WIDE WITH A .12 S12 NOVAROSSI

3 PORT NON TURBO ENGINE 2.5 MAC PIPE I RUN 55%REDMAX FUEL. RUNS 33MPH ON GPS WHICH IS NOT TO BAD?I KNOW IT WOULD GO FASTER WITH THE RIGHT PROP DONT KNOW WHAT TO START WITH I HAVE A X637 TEXAS CUT ON IT.?????????????????WHAT PROP CAN BE BETTER?????

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can pull a X637, you might be able to pull a X437/3. You might have to take some blade out of the X437/3. The X440/3 is real popular with the 3.5 vee hulls.

JD

You are running a 637? That has more pitch than a 437 I believe. I think you may even be over propped and not getting to a good RPM range.

You might try some smaller props like a y535. That's a good prop and could get your rpms up where you have more power. Just a guess,.. worth a try.

THANKS I WILL TRY IT RANDY FROM BBY BOATS HAS THE SAME BOAT AND CLOCK IT AT 42MPH WITH A X637 TEXAS CUT MY SETUP IS CLOSE TO HIS BUT IAM ONLY RUNNING 33MPH I GUESS HE REALLY WORK ON HIS PROP??? :blink:

Same motor? I have a WT12 with and OS TR 12 in it. I bet its running close to 40 with the y536. I plan to try the x637 on my .12 rigger, Bantam12.

I've turned an X-440 but it was rough. My engine is slightly modded with one of Izitibrokeyet?'s Nova Rossi .21 carbs which made a huge difference in speed. I've found the X-637 to work pretty well on mine but it depends on your setup also. Try tweaking the pipe a little also to find out where it's making good power if you haven't. I'm running my Mac pipe at around 8-1/2" and could maybe mess with it more.

Same motor? I have a WT12 with and OS TR 12 in it. I bet its running close to 40 with the y536. I plan to try the x637 on my .12 rigger, Bantam12.
Anthony
Do you have Plans for the WT 12? Both my boat coming along real wellI will call you next weeek to let you know about the 2nd boat you may be interesting in what i am doing.

I ALSO HAVE A WILDTHING 26 HULL BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO BUILDING IT.IAM TRYING TO FINISH MY SPEEDMASTER 21 AND TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO MAKE MY BBY BOAT .12 FASTER.THIS WINTER I WILL BE

SHARPING A LOT OF PROPS :eek: :eek:

I DID PLAY WITH PIPE IT SEEMS TO WORK THE BEST AT 8 1/2

I HAVE A BBY OFFSHORE FIBERGLASS HULL 21 INCHS LONG 6 INCHS WIDE WITH A .12 S12 NOVAROSSI

3 PORT NON TURBO ENGINE 2.5 MAC PIPE I RUN 55%REDMAX FUEL. RUNS 33MPH ON GPS WHICH IS NOT TO BAD?I KNOW IT WOULD GO FASTER WITH THE RIGHT PROP DONT KNOW WHAT TO START WITH I HAVE A X637 TEXAS CUT ON IT.?????????????????WHAT PROP CAN BE BETTER?????

No Roy,.. My Wt12 is a fiberglass hull I bought from Grim. Real interested in what you're up to there..

Anthony
Do you have Plans for the WT 12? Both my boat coming along real wellI will call you next weeek to let you know about the 2nd boat you may be interesting in what i am doing.

My .12 mono that I built years ago with a Trinity/Picco that was radared at 33 MPH and not tweaked so yes, you must be lacking something but I don't know what to squeeze more speed out of that boat. Weight is the biggest enemy of the small boats and you have to go lighweight in everything, mini servos, a small RX and lightwieght hardware all help to dump weight wherever you can. Glenn Quarles was trying to shave grams off his record setting hulls in his quest for more speed.

I too may be shopping for a new hull once the Andy Brown .12 comes out as my Wild Thing 12 (the wood version of the WT 26) is made for side exhaust engines and not easily converted.

YEAH I HEAR YOU RON PRETTY MUCH ALL MY HARDWARE IS MINI SIZE WEIGHT IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT HEARS SOMETHING IAM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH ITS ENGINE TEMP MY ENGINE RUNS AROUND 125 DEGREES TO COLD??????WILL HAVE TO CUT SOME FINS OFF ENGINE HEAD????WILL IT HELP MY SPEED INCREASE :blink: :blink:

That is it!! Unless it's real hot out you have to take some cooling off the engine. I usually tape off the head until I get the temp up. It made all the difference in my .12 hulls. 125 is VERY cold.

I'm building the latest version of my bantam tonight. It's turned into a really nice hull.

YEAH I HEAR YOU RON PRETTY MUCH ALL MY HARDWARE IS MINI SIZE WEIGHT IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT HEARS SOMETHING IAM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH ITS ENGINE TEMP MY ENGINE RUNS AROUND 125 DEGREES TO COLD??????WILL HAVE TO CUT SOME FINS OFF ENGINE HEAD????WILL IT HELP MY SPEED INCREASE :blink: :blink:

On the previously mentioned Trinity/Picco I picked up a spare heat sink head and cut the top 3 fins off and it still ran cool. Seeing how the engines do get a lot more air than one stuck under a Lexan body plus the cooler air off the water, they will overcool.

MAYBE MAKING A COVER FOR ENGINE TO LET LESS AIR GO THROUGH MAY HEAT IT UP MORE :unsure:

No Roy,.. My Wt12 is a fiberglass hull I bought from Grim. Real interested in what you're up to there..

Anthony
Do you have Plans for the WT 12? Both my boat coming along real wellI will call you next week to let you know about the 2nd boat you may be interesting in what i am doing.
:rolleyes: I will let you know once all get done with the next segment.I will need to see how it all looks put together.Did you get the software installed yet?

Roy

Albert,

You may want to try a X-435 and see how this works, and then add some additional

cup to go faster in the future.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Back