Prop for .18 TZ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saugling

Yesterday I received my O.S. .18 TZ engine B)

I put it in my .12 rigger and broke it in with some small Graupner carbon props. After some tanks through I put on my ".12 rigger standard prop", a Octura V937/3 <_< but this prop now seems to be too small for a .18 engine :(

Which prop would you try next? V940/3???

Robert

Saugling said:
Yesterday I received my O.S. .18 TZ engine  B) I put it in my .12 rigger and broke it in with some small Graupner carbon props. After some tanks through I put on my ".12 rigger standard prop", a Octura V937/3  <_< but this prop now seems to be too small for a .18 engine  :(

Which prop would you try next? V940/3???

Robert

115113[/snapback]

lets see... the v940/3, 1938, modified 1440, X440, prather 215, X638...... some ideas.....

Octura now has a 2140. Looks like a great prop for a torque of the 18 TZ. :)

The 2100 series also handles better than the V900 series props.

sorry a little off topic: what head are you using on the 18 tz? water cooled? if not have you cut any fins off? was is significantly faster that other engines you have run? im thinking of running the same set up so any input will help.

Thank you all for all the input :)

Andy:

I just sent an e-mail to Renee and ordered a 2140 and a V940

So I will have some props for next year testing with my ordered .15 Eagles <_<

Eric:

My .18 TZ is still aircooled, I did not remove any fins. I plan to use this engine in a .15 Eagle next year - then it will be watercooled B)

I just broke in the engine this year because I was too curious about power / torque :rolleyes:

I did not change the setup of my .12 rigger when I switched to this engine.

So far I have run the .12 TR and .12 TZ engines in my rigger...the .18 TZ is faster than the .12 engines!!! :blink:

I do not have any suitable metal-props for deeper testing now :(

But for carbon-props....I was able to spin props up to 42-43mm in diamater (with .12 engines I was able to spin props up to 37.5-39). The boat is a real bullet out of the corner with the .18's torque - even with a .12 car-pipe (which I think is a bit too small / restrictive).

To sum it up: I am very very impressed by this engine B)

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Back