Problems Problems Problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

Ok.... Finally risked the drive with no cluth to the LHS and ended up with a sullivan 8oz tank and some new set screws.... the thingy wasn't stripped, just the light made it look that way. Got the tank togeather, and feul can go through the carb line, and the pressure line is not clogged, but fuel does not seem to get into the carb. tried to prime it with a little fuel poured directly into the carb and it fired, but once the fuel was gone it stopped. what should i check/adjust from here. oh i can't find a leak in either line, so thats not the prob either i think it's in the carb :(

also have no responce from radio when turned on, treid putting fresh batteries in, servos won't even twitch i have a suspission, that somhow fuel got to the reciever when the old tank broke. the reciever is bagged, do you think cen will warrenty it? I know I know shouldnt run boat without radio, just wanted to see if the new tank worked.

- i need to go boating again more pics of pets than boats is a sad thing ;) -

Can you remove the entire needle valve assembly? If so, take it apart and clean it (back-flush). If not, unscrew the needle valve completely and gently 'root around in thar' with a small wire. I use a single bristle from a steel wire brush.

just for my memory what motor are we running in what boat?

also have you pulled the reciever apart yet? to see if there is any corrosion ?

paul

With a new tank, you have to check it so that there isn't any pieces of plastic left in there. I've bought a lot of Sullivan's with scrap inside.

With that radio system, make sure that the light on the TX is coming on. I've had trouble with the switch on mine. It could be your recieveer switch also. Bypass the switch to see if you get anything. If not, it probably is in the RX then.

it's a cen aquajet .16 ok... thanx i'll try those out. prolly be a day or two though, currently at the shop switching from knock off rims to bolt ons on the mg :'( :'( :'( gotta have something to drive.

-gonna miss my wire rims-

ohh yeah, i checked the tank with some fuel, and blew into the pressure line fuel flows nice and even.

Back