Fuel tank problem

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike stover

Whiplash sport 40, front tank, os46 w/ k&b disc rotor.

Heres the problem: The fuel tank outlet is higher than the inlet of the carb, and the fuel will actually siphone out of the tank and run out the throat of the carb, until you get it started. I have been pinching the fuel line off with a clamp until it starts.

Is there something that would keep the fuel in the tank until it gets enough fuel pressure from the exhaust?????

I have a perry pump carb with a pump, i'm wondering if the pump would stop the flow until it starts?

Or does anyone have any ideas on things to try.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike;

make a new boat stand so that the nose of the boat is LOWER than the rear.

make it so that it is at least a 1 1/2 inch drop at the front.

that will take care of the siphoning.

Carl

that is what i did on one of my boats. works great

Remove fuel line from carb and plug it with item of choice , clipped and de burred pop rivets make easy line plugs or Du Bro line plugs are handy . Stand elevation is excellent aswell , I usually stick a partial roll of paper towels or a crushed water bottle under my .21 rigger stand !
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have the same "issue" with a coupla my boats, which is why a certain friend of mine ALWAYS asks me before the start of a race.....DID YA BLOW IT OUT? :lol: :lol: ....if my response is.....i forgot, he says UNACCEPTABLE.......DO IT!! Seems like he's always right...he drives me NUTS! :lol: :lol: ....something under the back of the stand or angling the stand does do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya Bill i had Ron always say did you blow it out, now i blow it out before going to pits and in pits i leave my fuel line off till ready to start it just in case some fuel loads it up, better be safe the sorry.

Thanks alot guys, sometimes its the simplist things that just escape me.

Tilting the nose down with the stand is so simple.

Mike

Latest posts

Back