Pre-built Firefighter Gas Riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaise Recca

After a short sabbatical (Cams and a big bore kit in the Ultra Classic) I am ready to get back in the shop. Real Estate is traditional slow this time of the year and given the state of the economy it seems even more sedate.

I have had an incredible amount of inquiries asking if I still had any more Pre-Built Firefighter Riggers. I have sold all the Pre-cut kits and built riggers I had previously offered for sale. My wife wants me out of the house and into the shop (when that happens I don’t ask too many question) building some boats. I guess when you can sell them they are no longer just toys!

I have ordered some more 6061 T6 tubing and wood. I have started cutting out the parts to construct some more boats.

I can build your choice of a 4 or 5 inch tube Firefighter. The front sponson pins will be drilled and snug fit but still need to be epoxied into the sponson after paint or other type of finish. The booms are pre-aligned thru the tub. Rear sponsons are bolted on with stainless steel hardware and can be set up to be fully adjustable.

Radio box cover is 1/8 birch ply and sized to accept paint or other finish and still fit correctly. The rest of the tub and sponsons top and bottoms are 1/16 Finnish birch. They also include stainless steel mounting hardware and Firefighter decals in your choice of color (Black, Blue, White, Red, Silver, and Green).

I have been using Speedmaster Hardware including turn fin and have been happy with the performance. This rigger seems easy to set up and is real forgiving with different types of Hardware.

I have worked out a deal with Team Tsunami to provide cowls for this build.

I am also offering custom unfinished wood stands for this boat. They are pre-built, all you need to do is screw together and stain or clear cote if desired.

Boats are $349 plus $29 shipping to the lower 48 (else where in the world at actual cost)

Stands are $35 plus $9 shipping (free shipping if included with boat purchase)

What I am asking for is a $25 deposit to reserve a boat to my Paypal account “[email protected]”, Completed boat should ship within 2 weeks or less.

Any questions please feel free to contact me.

Blaise 919-491-2885

Blaise, The plans clearly state they are for personal use only. Not for profit. I don't have a problem with someone offering a building service but for each person that get building assistance they should also buy the plans.

I spoke with Tom (the designer of the Firefighter rigger) and his main concern was that guys buying pre-cut kits should be buying building plans from him. I explained that I was not supplying any free plans with the kits or pre-built boats. We have an understanding and I will encourage all persons buying a kit or pre-built boat to buy a set of his plans. To date I have not provided anyone with unauthorized copies of Tom's plans. In fact I have informed anyone that has asked for setup instructions that I recommend they initially set it up like a Roadrunner rigger, of which setup information is readily available on the web!

My kits and pre-builts are modified some what from the original FF plan. Most of the changes are to ease fabrication.

My main intent was and still is, to end up with some boats for myself to race this coming season. At the same time, if I am able to provide to others who are not as comfortable with building or have limited time to cut a kit with a very fair priced option, I feel this will only grow the class and make for a more rewarding racing season next year.

I will be offering a few more pre-cut kits as well as the pre-built boats. Current prices on pre-cut kits are $159 plus $19 shipping.

Oh, and if you need any building or setup help, check out Tom's website for a set of his plans, they are a fantastic aid to an accurate build!

FireFighter Boats

Last edited by a moderator:
Back