Prayers Needed for an Aussie Boater

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesso2118

This is just to let you all know that Greg Moss, a good friend of ours in Australia, is very ill at the moment and is in hospital
default_sad.png

His wife sent me the following message,

"....Greg had a health problem last year with a dissected right carotid artery. Unfortunately yesterday he had the same problem in the left artery and he had a stroke as a result yesterday afternoon. He is in hospital and as comfortable as can be expected but he has right side paralysis and can't really speak at the moment. Connor and I are hoping and praying for a full recovery but it is early days and we need to take it one day at a time. Can you let his other friends on International Waters know please - I don't know all their names. I will keep you posted as there is news."

Greg loves his boats and this hobby. He is a real gentleman and is one of the nicest guys you could possibly meet.

Regards,

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks James for letting us know. That's a real shock.

Greg mate our thoughts and prayers are with you buddy!

Cheers,
Dave

I was having an email conversation with Greg a few days ago and he mentioned not feeling the best and was going to go and see a doctor. Sent him another email this morning to see how he was doing and got no reply, but just figured he was busy.

On behalf of everyone in the MBCofNSW, have a speedy recovery Greg And if there is anything I can do to help out during this time, give me a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

Our prayers are with you and your family.

My Dad has had a lot of heart issues and medical science is amazing these days.

Mark Sholund

I am truely shocked. poor bugger cant catch a break!

Get well soon buddy! we need to see you at the next race
default_smile.png

I am stunned.

I have a sick feeling in my guts as Greg is one of the best guys I have had the pleasure of meeting. Always there to help.

Rest up mate and get well soon.

That's really said news. Our thoughts and prayers are with Mossy and his family. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Gino

Guys & Girls,

For those of you who know Greg Moss, here is an update from his Wife,

"As you know, Greg had a stroke on 18 December and has been in Canberra hospital in the stroke ward (7A) since. He has a paralysed right arm and leg and affected speech. He understands everything said to him but his brain has trouble giving him the right words to reply. He can speak, but the sentences can be garbled or have wrong words in them. It's very frustrating for him but something that just has to be worked on by the speech pathologists. Ditto for the arm and leg - lots of rehab is required. No one can predict at the moment how long his recovery might take or how complete it will be. 'Months' is the only timeframe I have been given so far.

If you are in Canberra please feel free to visit him - anytime between 8am and 8pm. You won't need to stay long - he is often quite tired - but I know he would appreciate it. Feel free to reply to this message - I will show Greg your replies."

Back